The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

morning people of the palace

2 Likes

Hello julle!

3 Likes

When loading GMail this morning on our work account, I noticed the loading screen has changed. I thought this was just because we use it for work. Then noticed my standard GMail had the same Workspace loading screen.

Is this new or am I just not attentive enough?

1 Like

It has been like that for a couple of weeks at least. I think since they re-re-re-integrated hangouts into gmail.

2 Likes

That moment when a gif suddenly has sound. I can hear it so clearly in my head

2 Likes

It’s why I uninstalled Gmail on my phone, the app loads weird files and Google threw it into my media libraries

No, hangouts is being phased out in favour for Chat. I think what triggered the change was merging standalone Gmail into Workspace so that everyone has Workspace now.

Interesting read on Hangouts/Chat: linky

2 Likes

I wonder if they’re ever going to make their minds up with that. My girlfriend is the only one I still use hangouts / talk / chat with, and every time she messages me I get like 5 notifications at once. I’m slowly getting her to use Whatsapp instead, but I think by the time she gets used to it, it will probably be dead.

1 Like

Just scan through that link I posted, and you’ll see that’s a no. Google loves having no consolidated plan for chat, which just means phasing in and out of different clients. To the client’s detriment.

Mind you, Chat is pretty good, I’ve moved over from Hangouts now, it’s waaaaaay better at sending gifs.

1 Like

Staying over at Spier Wine Farm for an obligatory “strategic planning session” until Thursday. It’s quite cold this side of the valley.

3 Likes

Sounds very strategic. :wink:

2 Likes

Morning! Happy Tuesday! :grinning::wave:

First signs of a decent bit of rain in the air in Joburg this morning. Even had a bit of the old thunder and lightning with some rain overnight. :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

4 Likes

Morning!

We just had the light show and a bit of thunder but no rain…

3 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Morning people of the palace

3 Likes

Hello all.

It Tuesday.

Have good day.

Kbye.

4 Likes

dam last night was a late night :rofl: why am I up this early lol oh yes i need to get used to waking up early now ><

3 Likes

I remember when I was in Germany (Koblenz) during the summertime. It was difficult to go to bed at 10 pm as it was still light and the party only got started at 12 am once it was dark. Then the sun still rises early and yet I didn’t feel lethargic or anything, your body seems to adjust.

2 Likes

Louis’
Building
Services

Just saw this on a car, is the apostrophe correct? The person’s name is Louis.

1 Like

I believe so, it is a possessive noun, isn’t it?

1 Like