The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Ai hemel :frowning:

2 Likes

can confirm our line speed has been upgraded w00t

4 Likes

SSL certs are the new standard. Browsers now warn if you connect to a site without a cert and in future they may pop up those irritating red warning pages to say that your connection to a site isn’t encrypted.

3 Likes

That’ll be nice. Then I won’t need the HTTPS Everywhere add-on anymore

2 Likes

Morning you sexy fuckers :mechanical_arm:

5 Likes

Good morning all :wave:
:lion: :zebra: :hippopotamus: :giraffe: :panda_face:

6 Likes

Morning everyone! Have a good day!

5 Likes

Morning people of the palace

May you all have a good day

5 Likes

Called in a personal today, woke up early hours with a massive headache and now it’s just progressing, my eyes are even watering.

6 Likes

:frowning:
Get better soon

5 Likes

Still, feel bad for calling in for such a trivial thing like a headache. Not to mention “calling in sick” when you work from home.

Insert Fry meme here>
not sure if sick or just lazy
/Fry meme>

5 Likes

5 Likes

I had to battle on site to get an on-prem server SSL certified in 2018. The IM management contractor just couldn’t be arsed with figuring out how, and they kept their head in the sand with regards to why anyone would want a secure connection… it’s mos on our LAN!!! :man_facepalming:
We luckily managed to convince our client that they were talking out of they’re bums, and if they wanted our mobile solution to work, the SSL certificate is an absolute requirement hardcoded into the Android app, so they moved to a hosted solution in our datacenter.

Now, in 2021, another client is going through exactly the same adventure.

SSL is not negotiable anymore, not when I’ve got certificates for every single one of the services I host from home, with literally no experience in the field.

@Beo: Hope you feel better soon, man!

6 Likes

Dont feel bad, I would do the same if I could. Some times you just need that one day to get the head straight

5 Likes

Also @SIGSTART have we progressed at all with the merch? Need any help?

4 Likes

greetings !

6 Likes

Ello Dohcie

Jassis

Just finished typing up a 13 page document of snags for a practical completion so that Stellenbosch uni can start using their building.

It is already 2 months late, and wont be done by this weekend.

I mean In the same bathroom they installed 2 different kind of taps half hartedly

5 Likes

G’mornin’ y’all.

Working on a huge story. Watch Carte Blanche on Sunday, then read MyBroadband.

Need designs. I’ll make a topic about it.

3 Likes

Dude you are on an epic roll! We are so proud!

As for designs I will let the big boys do that - I suck :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And here I thought “ja nee” was native to only South Africa.

Turns out NZ has their version of “yeah Nah”

3 Likes