The 10,000 Best Forum Posts on the Internet Right Now! (Part 1)

Did you get the HTC Vive or the Occulus Rift? Thats what they cost, right?

4 Likes

Nope… They’re almost double that these says.

3 Likes

Don’t know if anyone is interested, but the next Ubisoft Forward thing is starting at 21:00. Pre-show is live now.

Edit: Looks like it’s 21:00, not 20:00;

4 Likes

So angry, my mega expensive glasses that will solve all my problems is amazing on normal things in the real world, far and near like my phone and driving. Sit down at my PC with my 2 screens and is literally both a pain in the neck and head.

They will have to do something for me, bifocals and a set of computer reading glasses like I use or something. I was so excited for this to be a great solution ;-(

4 Likes

Hope they can fix that up for ya… That really blows.

3 Likes

Nevermind! Hockey practice starts next week. If that’s all that happens I’ll be happy.

I’ve been skating 3 times this months already. I can feel my knee ready to blow

4 Likes

ITs friday woop woop

5 Likes

Labrīt! Paldies dievam, ka ir piektdiena!
:latvia:

4 Likes

Bonjour!
:white_flag:

4 Likes

Mornin’ folks!

3 Likes

Morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day

4 Likes

Morning people of the palace

May this day go by fast so that we can go relax and enjoy the weekend

2 Likes

I have a questions that I wonder if @SIGSTART can’t help with.

Why is it that the price of the RTX 3070 and the Xbox Series X in South Africa differs so wildly? Nvidia said the RTX 3070 will be $499, Microsoft said the Series X will be $499, yet when looking at prices for those components in SA, we see the Series X coming in at R11000, but the RTX 3070’s starting at R15500…that doesn’t make sense at all

2 Likes

As far as I understand and I’m no expert, the US prices exclude VAT. So we’ve got an extra 15% on that. And then there’s 20 or 30 percent import duties. I’ve seen both mentioned so not sure which one it is.

3 Likes

From my knowledge of tariff codes, there is no import duty on video game consoles and computer parts. Just the 15% VAT.

3 Likes

I’ve actually asked Evetech, Titan-Ice, MSI, and ASUS that question. I’ll hopefully have an article up on MyBroadband about it soon. Just waiting on feedback from ASUS.

Titan-Ice says that MSI and ASUS set the prices… it isn’t the retailers trying to make a fat margin.

5 Likes

I have no idea. Just going by what other people wrote.

1 Like

Here’s where I saw the 20%:

And saw the 30% on Facebook.

2 Likes

Fair enough. While there isn’t duty, that 20% would likely represent shipping and clearing costs and profit for the distributor

4 Likes

Ah, so it’s with the word import duty where I was wrong. Should have said customs.

3 Likes