The Annual Christmas & New Year's Topic

A central hub for all things Christmas and New Year related.

It’s a holiday miracle! Grab the whole family and gather around the television to stream A Charlie Brown Christmas for free December 22-25 on Apple TV+ http://apple.co/cbxmas

5 Likes

4 Likes

Flight Radar 24 are tracking Santa 1 again this year:

Plane Finder as well:

https://planefinder.net/flight/SANTA2022

1 Like

And, of course, Google’s annual Santa Tracker site is back again this year:

5 minutes into his journey this year and already almost 10 000 gifts delivered as he crosses the Siberian Sea :smiley:

Lots of games and family friendly Christmas fun to be had.

2 Likes

Ya the kids and I had some fun playing a few of the games. The quick draw was quite funny with the AI trying to predict what you’ve drawn

2 Likes

3 Likes

We opened our christmas presents this year:

5 Likes

Merry Christmas to you and yours,
From me and mine! :christmas_tree::gift::santa:t2:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you have a blessed day as you celebrate and spend time with friends and family.

2 Likes

It was a weird one for me, it was the first peaceful xmas in years - no family drama. But bitter sweet, because even tho he was physically there my dad wasnt mentally there. Its odd how it some days is more real than others

3 Likes

3 Likes

Anyone doing anything special for New Years today/tonight?

Going to be a quiet one at home for the missus and I, which is fine with me. I hate the Joburg roads on New Year’s and Uber surge pricing is ridiculous. Also, while I do enjoy a good fireworks display, the cheap and nasty, and unnecessarily noisy, China Mall kak that the neighbourhood twits insist on setting off are just stupidly irritating. We like to be home to keep a calming eye on Phoebe Katje whilst the world erupts around her.

2 Likes

We’re just doing a meal at home with the kids, followed by a 2000s themed dance party in the lounge :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: (with some Marshmellow mixed in to keep the young’uns happy)

2 Likes

Actually a correction there, most of the songs I’ve got on my playlist for tonight are from 1999. So we will literally be partying like is nineteen ninety nine!

2 Likes

I live 12 floors up so get to see everyones fireworks from a 180 degree view. :smiley:

2 Likes

Say say two thousand zero zero party over, oops, out of time
So tonight I’m gonna party like it’s nineteen ninety-nine
:partying_face:

2 Likes

Watch out for that Y2K bug!

2 Likes

I made some eggnog which I didn’t get around to doing over Xmas. We’re gonna grill some pork chops with some patat slaai. Then we have loadshedding.

3 Likes

4 Likes