The Day Before

Ahh, The Day Before. It’s a game development and release tale as old as time…

Announced. Delayed. Delayed again. Delayed a third time. Disappeared while under litigation over its name. Reappeared. New release date announced. Delayed. Delayed once more - this most recent one. Now coming to Early Access and not to full release until sometime in the future.

The words on the tin:

The Day Before offers players a uniquely reimagined journey into post-apocalyptic open-world MMO survival set in the present day on the US East Coast following a deadly pandemic.

SURVIVE AT ALL COSTS

• Fight other players for survival.
  • Survive against the deadly infected.
  • Collect valuable loot.

DISCOVER THE NEW POST-PANDEMIC WORLD

• Explore the beautiful and richly detailed New Fortune City.
  • Enter tall skyscrapers, business centers, massive malls, grand stadiums, and more.
  • Uncover distant surroundings of New Fortune City on stunningly detailed vehicles.

REBUILD SOCIETY

• Join the Woodberry survivor colony on its mission to rebuild society.
  • Trade items in Woodberry and save your wealth in a personal storage room.
  • Build your own home in the safe zone.

Will now release to Steam Early Access on 7 December. No pre-order available but will be listed at $39 (~R720) on Early Access and $49 (~R905) on Full Release.

I like survival game but I really have a thing against zombies in games. Its weird but I do. So I never play games with zombies in them or watch zombie movies/series.

Its even weirder that I am fine with them in a fantasy setting, just not modern/sci fi.

1 Like

It’s not weird at all - we all have things that just don’t sit right with us for whatever reason. I’d agree that the zombie apocalypse thing has become a bit of an overdone trope now.

That said though, you do realise that if you avoid all material about current day zombies, when the zombie apocalypse does actually happen, you’ll be hellishly unprepared… :smiley:

I mean, it’s serious enough a concern that the CDC has issued a Zombie Pandemic Preparedness Guide.

Preparedness 101 : zombie pandemic (cdc.gov)

(It’s a fairly amusing graphic comic in a downloadable PDF designed to encourage general emergency prepardness.)

Good point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What an utter shit show this entire development saga has been over the years. And now, just four days after the embarrassingly disastrous Early Access launch of the game, the studio is closing down with immediate effect.

PC Gamer summarises the mess:

3 Likes