The Disney+ Connection Thread

Hey everyone!

So, has anybody successfully subscribed to Disney+ from within SA? It seems the biggest hurdle is the payment method needs to be a US payment method, even when using PayPal. I was hoping that PP would be the barrier between me and Disney, but alas.

Any VPN works just fine, but they stil wont take my money :crazy_face:

3 Likes

No luck thusfar

2 Likes

Would love to know if anyone has find a way into this

3 Likes

Same issue I have with the Nintendo eShop currently… Luckily you can buy international vouchers from online stores and claim those, but both PayPal and direct credit card transactions are blocked. I guess it’s the new method of region blocking services since VPN’s are easily accessible now.

3 Likes

Can you not just use a credit card generator for the US?

2 Likes

I will give it a try! Good idea!

Someone also suggested I use PayPal credit, something I will also look into.

1 Like

Ok, I got it working! But unsure if its worth it considering the amount of steps:

• use a GMail address created in the US. I created a new one while VPN to the US.
  • Buy a gift voucher for your mobile platform of choice (IOS or Android) Make sure the voucher is a US voucher. I used Amazon and it emailed the voucher to my new address.
  • While on VPN log onto you mobile store with your new account. Redeem the voucher, download Disney+ and use the credit to your account to pay for Disney+.

Not sure how easy my directions are, so might right it out better later.

I know it works as I binged The Mandalorian today :grin:

3 Likes

Do you have to watch through VPN too?

1 Like

Yes, and if you load the app on your Android TV or phone without the VPN on, you need to log out of it and back in before it will work.

2 Likes