The Division 1

Since so many of us got back into Div1, let’s start a separate thread for that.

We didnt get far this weekend, aka only played Div1 last night and got to level 5/6

And reached Manhattan. I just bought the Season pass on steam to get all the DLC’s.

That is the plan, we are gonna finish 1 first and wait for a proper special to get 2 :stuck_out_tongue:
I loved 2 more, but 1 is gonna be fun

The Division 2

So let’s all lobby to get it in as the next GameClub!

good. I need some partners for 1. Got up to level 13 on my own over the weekend. But shit is getting hard now.

It really does… I stopped around level 17 because I couldn’t complete most of the missions.

yeah i spent about an hour trying to get past one part of a mission. I got so mad i switched my pc off completely. Then i remembered you can just matchmake before the mission. so I did that and managed to finish it with a few randoms.

The game is tough. Bullet sponge galore. I have realised that if you are on the same level as the mission, you are going to have a bad time. So now i am playing all the side stuff to level up so that i can be a few levels above the recommended.

I actually think I’m 2-3 levels above the activity I’m trying to complete and still can’t get past it. It’s about a rogue Division agent and ends with a huge fight where you cower in a small store after working your way through a basketball court. The enemies storm in, with snipers and the boss peppering you from afar. I died so many times in that mission that I just gave up on the game. I’ll try it again soon enough, seeing as I reached max PL cap in Destiny 2 (for now).

Yeah it really is mad. I hope that sort of impossible scenarios in 2 are fixed a bit. You should be able to play the game alone if you want to.

i thought they kept saying how the game is possible solo?

It is definitely possible, its just really really hard. When you get to the point where you need almost a full magazine to take down 1 grunt, but 20 storm you with elites in tow, it just gets a bit frantic. I think what makes it difficult alone is the fact that if you are downed, you cannot revive yourself. At least not at the point where i am now, so you just die and the encounter starts again. I saw in the beta for 2, that you get the option to put down a medical thing that can revive you.

So it is possible, just extremely frustrating and a lot easier if you have teammates that can help out with revivals etc.

also its a cover shooter. But the enemies come at you in such big numbers that they dont need to stay in cover, so it is easy for a few of them to get the flank on you. and then the panic shooting starts. and when the panic shooting starts, things get hairy.

Exactly this. I use long range weapons as far as possible to thin out the enemies from afar, with a shotgun for my alt to help me out in tight spaces when they starm swarming me. Hand guns feel useless to me, to be honest.

…and just like that the game became a breeze. I dinged 30, equipped set and exotic gear and weapons that I got as part of the gold edition and continued to do a major Medical mission with a level requirement of 27 within minutes. With my new gear, I 1-shotted all enemies, except a yellow-bar boss. I 2-shotted his ass. I never hid behind cover either and just walked around shooting everyone.

The game did notify me about “World Tiers” to increase the difficulty, but I reveled in the bliss of finally feeling like an army of one in the game.