The First Descendant - A New Warframe?

This is up for predownload on stream, releases tomorrow. From all I have read, it looks to have the same progression model as warframe: level up a character, collect parts to “build” another character which takes time and grinding.

Monetisation seems to revolve around shortening the waiting time on building or outright buying the “character”. Exactly the same as warframe.

I will be giving it a go.

2 Likes

Some more info on the release and pre-release reviews.

WHAT IS THE FIRST DESCENDANT
The First Descendant is a free-to-play take on the genre that Destiny and Warframe popularized. First Descendant is an open-world looter-shooter MMO-lite. Expect a mashup of cooperative content that will test the limits of player builds as they take on an ever-increasing level of difficulty across a wide range of content.

HOW MUCH IS THE FIRST DESCENDANT AND WILL THERE BE MICROTRANSACTIONS?
The First Descendant is free-to-play. While The First Descendant won’t cost anything for the base game, there will be microtransactions, including battle passes.

WHAT PLATFORMS IS THE FIRST DESCENDANT COMING TO?
The First Descendant is coming to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4.

WILL THE FIRST DESCENDANT HAVE SINGLE PLAYER OR OFFLINE?
Yes and no, The First Descendant can be played solo, but players will have to remain online to play.

WILL THE FIRST DESCENDANT HAVE CROSS-PLAY OR CROSS-PROGRESSION?
Yes, The First Descendant will have both cross-play and cross-progression between all platforms.

WHEN DOES THE FIRST DESCENDANT RELEASE?
The First Descendant releases on July 2, 2024 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Steam, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4.

Meet some of the characters:

IGNs Review-in-Progress:

And more FAQ info from Windows Central:

Gameplay preview:

Store Links:

Played for about an hour. It is pretty good, it combines the progression of Warframe and the ammo restrictions of Destiny 2. Pretty challenging.

1 Like

Is this game that is making headlines about being heavily monetised?

Yes, indeed.

Have about 17 hours in and it’s a really fun game to be honest. Even got Monster to join me

1 Like

Tempted to trying this out.

As I said in steam, if you need any help, let me know. Game is very easy for ex D2 and WF players in the beginning but it gets really hard a little later, which is good.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Call me an old man but this games balancing sucks. Even after putting on a potato and a forma ( Warframe lingo). Not even Warframe or Destiny is this bad. I’ve forma my twice now and I’m still getting my ass handed to me with level 60 enemies. How does this even make sense

Not sure how you are taking such strain. Maybe give me more details, what descendant, what playstyle and where you are having difficulties? Some tips that could change how hard you find it:

1.HP is king, stack HP as much as you can using components/modules. DEF is okish, resists are useless.
2. Get yourself a tamer machine gun, best all around weapon you can find.

2 Likes

I’ll tell you when I’m on the game again. Excited for the update saw they made a lot of changes

And as usual for updates, broke some things, gave some things godlike power by mistake etc etc. Usual patch day in modern games

2 Likes

Saw there’s boosters dropping today