The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

PSA: If anybody is interested, weā€™re doing the Fantasy F1 thing again this year. Iā€™m busy creating a MEW league now. Gimme a shout if you want to join in

EDIT!
https://fantasy.formula1.com/league/28621
League Code: c0bcb2509e

3 Likes

Where are you watching the stream? The final day of testing?

1 Like

Just started a sneak peak at Series 2 of Drive to Survive. Lewis and Toto does not know the full team name while Bottas nails it first time :smiley:

No spoilers, this is pre-season :wink:

2 Likes

That i watch on the F1 TV online - I subscribed to it.
@oltman I laughed my arse off at that. So many things already that I am enjoying up to ep 4 already

2 Likes

https://f1-start.glitch.me/

Test your reaction times

2 Likes

A little OT, but possibly relevant soonā€¦

Moto2 and Moto3 races will go ahead, but no MotoGP at all. Qatar has imposed a mandatory 14 day quarantine for anyone travelling from Italy, or for anyone who has been in Italy in the past weeks.

In less than two weeks time, F1 is due to be in Australia, a place notoriously strict on safeguarding its borders against off-island disease and bugs.

A week after that and weā€™re due to be racing in Bahrain, another island nation, with Qatar as a neighbour.

If either of those two impose similar travel restrictions as Qatar has just done, the start of the F1 season is going to be a disaster.

ETA - as @Wyvern just posted in the MotoGP thread Thailand has also just ā€œpostponedā€ their entire MotoGP event as well. After Bahrain, F1 is due to head to Vietnam. If they follow Thailand and postpone their race, we could be facing the season opener in Zandvoort in May :astonished:

3 Likes

That is the scariest thought ever

And all for a nasty flu. . . . .

1 Like

2 Likes

It looks like itā€™s going to be an interesting year. Iā€™m very happy with how Renault and McLaren did in testing and then Racing Point is also looking great with their pink Mercedes. I wonder if these teams will start giving the big three some problems. That would be so great.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I blame my wireless mouseā€¦

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

This only took about 10 false starts :smiley:

2 Likes

@oltman Cheater! (I got a .048 :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like
1 Like

I was getting sub 200ā€™s which I know from experience from here is not correct, as that gives me between 240 and 260. I definitely donā€™t think the f1 one is accurate in terms of reaction time guys, donā€™t get too excited :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Vietnam Tourismā€™s recently updated travel advisory:

All travellers entering Vietnam from China, South Korea, Italy, and Iran must carry out medical declarations and 14-day medical quarantine before entering the country.

:confused:

Meanwhile, the Aussies are still positive the race is on:

:slightly_smiling_face:

With community transmission of the virus confirmed, 13 confirmed cases in New South Wales, and growing concerns amongst Australians, I wonder if the teams and FOM are going to limit their driversā€™ exposure to the general public? All that touching people, shaking hands, cheek to cheek selfies and queues of people breathing all over them in autograph sessions. :mask:

2 Likes

i know this is off-topicā€¦but i still donā€™t get it. apart from being yet another medical ā€œvaccineā€ scheme (see sars and the others, selling almost-expired vaccines by hyping up diseases that simply arenā€™t all that), this disease kills around 2% of its victimsā€¦less than flu, which goes worldwide every yearā€¦i just donā€™t get it!

2 Likes

dude you are not the only one