Jirre I almost lost my voice shouting at the tv yesterday

That was one of the best races so far this season

2 Likes

Why can Moto GP broadcast Free Practice for free on facebook, but F1 cant

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

GP of the Americas at COTA is officially postponed and shifted to the end of the season after the Austin City Mayor declared a “state of emergency” in Austin. The city will now suspend any events with 2,500 or more people in attendance, unless event organisers are able to prove to the Public Health Department that appropriate measures will be in place to contain the spread of contagious diseases.

The revised (and presumably still provisional) calendar looks like this:

2 Likes

Another day, another postponement. The 2020 MotoGP season is now looking at having its opening round in Spain in MAY!

1 Like

It’s been literal months! But MotoGP is back this weekend with the Spanish GP due to run tomorrow. And Brad Binder is making his big bike debut, and has started the weekend off in good form during practice:

2 Likes

1 Like

And Binder did excellently in his first qualifying, missing out on going to Q2 by just 0.138s. He will start the race P13, but his qualifying time in Q1 was fast enough to have made P5 if he had progressed to the top 12 qualifying round. Going to be a good race.

1 Like

Surprised there isn’t more MotoGP favour here, though most seem to be F1 fans.

Also, seems like the latest MotoGP game is the best in the series, surprised there’s no thread or players here.

2 Likes

It is a little surprising, I agree. I think it’s only ever really been @Flex who has tried to get some two-wheel stuff happening. Personally, I’ve followed the sport for ages, but never really looked into games featuring two wheel driving and racing until very recently.

I’ve been following the development of Ride 4 and realised that they’re the same team that develop the MotoGP games. Then MotoGP 20 went on sale on Steam in the recent Summer Sale with regional pricing on it. So, it became my first two wheel racing game:

I am yet to install it and even have a look at things, but it’s a start.

1 Like

Yeah same man, still miss Noriyuki Haga.

But yeah, I recently went throughout a few of the MotoGP games, watching reviews and reading threads etc.

MotoGP 20 seems like the best from the lot. In terms of staying true to its real life counterpart.

2 Likes

I missed the race, waiting to try and catch it on catchup.

2 Likes

I know @Flex bikes. Or at least he did before Corona started.

3 Likes

Marquez saving it on Lap 5 and then his huge highside crash on lap 23 - insane, amazing stuff!
The news on Marquez’s injuries is not good though… broken arm and rib injuries. He will have surgery in Barcelona tomorrow, and is potentially not going to race this coming weekend.

Still trying to find out exactly what happened to Brad Binder. He was running comfortably in the top 10 lead group early on, then dropped to the back suddenly (presumably an off somewhere) and then recovered well to finish P13.

1 Like

The broken arm is worrying, apparently they are worried about the radial nerve.

As for Binder, I heard he did good, my dad suspects he had a moment, went off track and lost his progress.

1 Like

Your pops is spot on… just thought to go check Brad’s social media:

Still, a terrific debut ride. They’re doing another race at Jerez this weekend, so the debut nerves will be gone, the track will have a ton of rubber on it, and Brad will make Q2 and a Top 10 finish :smiley: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like