The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

ā€œThe protest deposit is not refunded.ā€ I wonder how much it costs a team to lodge a protest? Not that it matters to Merc who had a high-powered British lawyer with them at the circuit the entire weekend in the event that they would need to protest something. :neutral_face:

Presumably theyā€™ll now lodge an appeal against the decision at the Court of Arbitration, so weā€™ll have to wait for that decision before truly confirming that Max is the champion.

What a terrible way for the best F1 season in ages to have to end - in a courtroom. Both drivers and their teams deserved more after putting in so much effort this year. This should have been done and dusted and celebrated at the checkered flag, one way or another.

1 Like

You called it. . .

1 Like

Donā€™t let all of this distract you from the fact that Carlos Sainz took 3rd and so did Ferrari in the Constructors!!!

3 Likes

Read this in Kimi voice:

ā€œThe Spanish guy? OK. Whatever.ā€

:smiley:

They deserve it, McLaren lost halfway through the yearā€¦

2 Likes

Sainz is definitely NOT regretting moving to Ferrari now, they really turned things around this year.

After getting back into watching F1 in 2019 (thanks to the F1 2019 league and the discussions on the forum) I can definitely say that I am a committed fan. There have been so many fantastic moments over the last two years.

My hopes and dreams for 2022:
More contenders in the WDC fight. Thereā€™ll be Verstappen and Hamilton obviously but Iā€™d love to see Russell and Perez challenging too. If Ferrari and McLaren can challenge for more wins that will be great. Itā€™s time for Sainz and Norris to taste their first victories.

A closer field (one could only hope) where 75% over the field donā€™t get lapped.

Iā€™m hoping that Haasā€™s skipping development on the car this year will mean a more competitive car in 2022 so that we actually have 20 cars racing. Mick did quite well considering the car and it would be good to see what he can do in a more competitive machine.

Iā€™m also looking forward to more of Alonso - his season has produced so many ā€œfeel goodā€ moments.

4 Likes

I guess this is the new Netherlandā€™s national anthem. Also the video is absolutely hilarious!!

Edited by Wyvz

Iā€™m adding the English for those who struggle to translate:
Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max

I donā€™t miss a race, and donā€™t care about my money
I see Maxā€™s his most beautiful moments
He is the king of Barcelona
Driveā€™s in front from Spa to Monza
The smell of rubber and melting asphalt
I cheer when Max passes one again
His overtakes are special
He is a Boss a wonder of the world
Jow fcking ho, itā€™s not normal
He is a hero and goes maximum
F
cking bizarre, a phenomenon
He goes to the top, Max is the number 1
Jowfckingho, itā€™s not normal
F
Bizar fucking bizar For years youre watching this game and there hĆØ is Max Verstappen in the last corner in Barcelona, yo hee yo ho

Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max

For years you sit and look and hope for success
you see Max racing on the track then you think yes
Heā€™s not too pass nobody getā€™s it for free
He is a pure racer catches them and yells nooo!
Heā€™s the new boss (heā€™s the new boss)
Max is the new boss (heā€™s the new boss)
Yeah weā€™re going totallos (heā€™s the new boss)
Super Max super Max Iā€™m super proud!
Jowfckingho, itā€™s not normal
F
Jowfckingho,itā€™s not normal
F
Yo fucking ho how Bizar, unbeleveble, sportwinns are so beautifulā€¦ this ons is the best iā€™ll ever Seenā€¦ oh boy oh boy oh boy!

Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max
Super super Max Max Max
Super Max Max

3 Likes

That it was made 5 years ago makes even funnier! Thanks for planting the lousiest ear worm Iā€™ve had in a long whileā€¦

Max, Max, Max, Supermax, Max, Maxā€¦.

Arrggh!

2 Likes

MAXimum cringe!

But I will say that it is the most Dutch something that is Dutch can be.

2 Likes

So seeing as Iā€™ve already poisoned your ears with Ducthness, have a listen to their follow-up to SUPER MAX (uploaded 3 days ago!!):

2 Likes

The officiating in rugby and F1 is putting me off sport a bit. Maybe the break will do me good but for now Iā€™m not all that keen to continue watching.

3 Likes

I totally agree with Soli. This year has been a great year for the sport. Weā€™ve had some amazing results, some tremendous on and off track drama, different teams winnings, 8/10 teams being on the podium. Itā€™s been the best F1 season in more than a decade.

But Michael Massi must be fired. He is a total idiot that does not know what F1 rules are, he has no control over any of the team, and he has been less than useless this year. The sport, world and civilization would be infinitely better without him in F1.

The FIA also needs to get this Stewarding process sorted out. I cannot understand how a sport with this much money could be so impossibly inept at enforcing rules and ensuring all drivers behave on track. This is motor racing, not WWE. Netflix already can make a season exciting with Drive to Survive, you donā€™t need to artificially create drama and decide a whole bloody championship based on what would be more entertaining. Most of the FIA decisions these past few races have all been for the ā€œshowā€, and not for the sport and itā€™s integrity. If things go on like this, we might as well drop all pretense and become and WWE of motor sport.

I honestly hope Mercā€™s inevitable court case brings this to light, and that sweeping changes happens within the Steward, and that Massi is fired. Next year we have a new car and potentially all new teams fighting at the top, we donā€™t need this utter bullshit from the FIA.

4 Likes

At least in chess the rules are clear. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I believe each protest costs ā‚¬2000 and an appeal costs ā‚¬6000

2 Likes

Bit harsh, no? Total idiot? Who would you prefer to replace him?

Could it be done better, yes, will we learn from this, hopefullyā€¦ will we get MORE rules because of thisā€¦?

2 Likes

Shame, I feel for the guy, but this is pretty funny :joy:

He has a tough job, Iā€™m not sure many could do better. I donā€™t agree with everyone knee-jerking, calling for him to be fired.

edit: Image was from this video by Driver61 Was Lewis Hamilton ROBBED? | The F1 Breakdown | Abu Dhabi GP - YouTube

3 Likes

2 Likes

Youā€™re not much,
if youā€™re not Dutch!

Also, @Nosferatie feels strongly enough about the race to come out of retirement!

3 Likes

Hope you can view these:

2 Likes

It was all part of Masiā€™s master :b:lan to cause drama. More drama = more views.

3 Likes

It is the one sport that I have been passionate about since I was a child. I have been actively watching F1 since 1988. I watch my hero die on TV, I watched many highs and lows of the sport.

I agree with most, neither should have lost last night, but in the end, Max won and like him or not, heā€™s been up there all season. Lewis is the GOAT and made the season what it was. To me this was the closest we had to a 1989/1990 season with Senna v Prost in terms of the head to head battle, the polarizing drama, the hero, the villainā€¦

In the end we feared another Senna v Prost ending, in a way it happened, just not Senna v Prost style.

To next yearā€¦

3 Likes