The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Congrats on post #2000 on the 1000th race weekend!

Better from Mercedes. The Renault powered cars are also showing a good turn of speed. Man, this upturn in McLaren’s form excites me.

2 Likes

I’m amused that he called it a “Force India”.

2 Likes

Hmmm… So where did Ferrari’s supposed pace advantage go?

4 Likes

Bottas by 0.023s over Hamilton. Ferraris 3 tenths off the pace. They’ve got the straight line speed, but lose to the Mercs in the corners. Race pace is very similar, tomorrow’s opening laps could be very tight. Some nice team symmetry for the Top 10.

3 Likes

Should be a cracker of a race, yes.

3 Likes

Top video this one:

3 Likes

BAH! Ferrari sucks at strategies. Mercedes excels at sandbagging.

2 Likes

It’s all a bit too easy for Mercedes at the moment, isn’t it? Ferrari just not quick enough. Also, their dithering on race day between favouring Vettel over Leclerc vs letting them race, is going all wrong.

On another note, Kvyat you absolute muppet. Ruined McLaren’s race all by himself.

1 Like

Vettel was not making their choice easier either :confused: eish

Torpedo is back baby!

2 Likes

Strategy didn’t lose Ferrari this race; they just weren’t fast enough.

1 Like

Yeah I do agree though, they weren’t. It just sucks when they do silly things during a race.

2 Likes

Indeed. Merc by comparison are looking bulletproof. How impressive was that stacked pit stop?

2 Likes

Yeah if they are dominating this early in the season already then Ferrari can forget about it. Yeah double stack was Red Bull level. Also Ferrari managing a 2.2s stop for Vettel, wow. I miss the 1.9s stops of Williams though.

2 Likes

They’re almost trolling Ferrari at the moment.

This is the first time that a team has managed a 1-2 in the first three races of a season since Nigel Mansell and Riccardo Patrese did so for Williams-Renault in the 1992 F1 season. I don’t know how they’re doing it, but it seems like everything is just clicking. It’s their season to lose.

They seem to have a crisis on their hands, the car is just not performing well under race conditions. Their #1 driver is struggling and doesn’t quite seem to have his head in the game. Not getting his 5th Drivers Championship and losing to Hamilton (again) just seems to have broken Seb. He’s fast, but something is not clicking. He now also has a team mate that seems to be faster than him and not only that, hungry for winning.

2 Likes

I have to say it was a decent race, Ferrari is missing something, Seb’s brain for one, he has the speed, it just seems like he isnt hungry for this win. Leclerc is going to beat him in the standings.
58secs, that is the time from no 1 - 6 - there is something wrong with that, I have been saying this for a few years now.

Kimi and Danni Ric did well today. Kvyat left his brains in the garage, I was wondering when we would see the torpedo, I was hoping to wait a bit longer. This was another race with some overtakes but nothing exciting, I will admit to dozing off a few times during the race.

2 Likes

Just have to say as well, that stacked pitstop of Mercedes was pure class. Trust the Germans to pull off something like that. Absolutely incredible.

3 Likes

It was pure class. Mind you, the team is based in the UK, so don’t give the Germans all the credit. I have no doubt however that having Toto at the helm contributes greatly to “ze efficiency” of the team.

1 Like

That was the highlight of the entire race! Down to the millisecond precision!

2 Likes

~70 miles from me to be exact.

McLaren is ~85 miles away; Williams is ~95miles; Racing Point is ~65 miles; Renault is ~80 miles; Red Bull ~45miles

But yes, Toto is definitely the “Secret Sauce” of the team

2 Likes