The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Loved the guy to bits. Mika will always be one of my favourite drivers.

1 Like

Same, he has been one of my all time favourite drivers.

Also why my doggo is called Mika :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Looks like Brazil out, Russia in at McLaren.

2 Likes

I do have a problem with PlanetF1 tho. They used to be an awesome source of info. 

But now I worry about the “competitions”

Every page is littered with ads these days. I just block them, mostly.

1 Like

WEirdly these never get blocked on there anymore

Thats because it is not an ad from a third party, but rather a link to their own competitions page
 You are correct though, this is very weird competitions for a Formula 1 site!

Ooh, F1 to be broadcast on Twitch! Even if it is not available everywhere, this is an interesting prospect :wink:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Hammer falls on Renault. A DSQ for you, a DSQ for you

2 Likes

ÂĄBien hecho Ciudad de MĂ©xico!

For the 5th consecutive year the tickets for #MexicoGP have sold out! :tickets:
Thank you all very much and get ready for # F1ESTA. :mexico::racing_car:

1 Like

The interesting thing is that they weren’t found to be in breach of the technical regulations but in breach of the sporting regulations. I wonder if Renault will fight that.

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/charlesmatthewpitts/videos/10221440135419465/

I laughed. . . .

1 Like

Haha that’s pretty funny.

Hahaha! I would have done the same probably!

1 Like

Yikes. This is unfortunate. There hasn’t been a disqualification in ages, that I can recall at least.

Good for McLaren though.

1 Like

The last DQ was given to McLaren if I recall correctly for the 2007 Spygate stuff. But the Renault DQ is a bit dubious.

You’re not technically breaking the rules.

But we feel that you’re breaching the rules, so we’ll punish you anyways

3 Likes

Spygate was a bit different though, in that McLaren were stripped of all constructors points but not disqualified from any specific race. The wins and finishing positions they achieved in 2007 have not been removed from the official standings.

I had a quick peek, and there were three disqualifications last year. Grosjean was DSQ’d from 6th place at the Italian GP for a floor infringement, and Ocon and Magnussen from the US GP for fuel-related infringements.

In summary, my memory is a bit short.

3 Likes

I don’t remember half the time anyway. I feel bad for Renault

3 Likes

Personally, I’m surprised they’re not even making a token appeal just to try save a little face. Perhaps worried that not only would their appeal be rejected, but that the FIA might find the need to take a closer look at previous races?

3 Likes