The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Haas to drop Uralkali Russian branding for final day of F1 testing (autosport.com)

1 Like

How does Mazepin feel about this?

1 Like

He’s probably used to not being allowed to drive under the Russian flag anyway :grinning:

1 Like

Looks like it’s official, but waiting for some more official confirmation from F1.

3 Likes

It is official

A statement on the Russian Grand Prix pic.twitter.com/OZbbu9Z8ip

— Formula 1 (@F1) February 25, 2022
2 Likes

Good, they should cancel the contract and never ever go back to that backward-ass, Putin loving, war-mongering asswipe of a country.

3 Likes

Also sounds like Nikita’s future at Haas is not certain, and that Giovinazzi is lined up to potentially replace him.

F1 Twitter today is a shit show, and the incredible abuse he is getting for something he has no control over is absurd! While I am not a fan of Mazepin, I don’t think he deserves the hate that is filling on the internet today. But…Gio will look better in the Haas…

4 Likes

I think the Haas looks better for it! This actually looks like a sexy livery!

I agree, Mazespin does not deserve the hate. Jeremy Clarkson had an awfully tatseless go at him. Crossed a line in my books. Yes, he is a bad driver, yes his daddy bought him a seat, but I am pretty sure Nikita Mazepin did not hit the red button to launch the rockets or fired any guns. This is a good time to get rid of him due to Russian sanctions, but dont blame him for the actual attacks.

4 Likes

Not trying to derail this topic, but I feel very strongly about the use of the R-word…

2 Likes

Mazepin did also have an utterly tone deaf answer when asked about the invasion. That’s what kicked off all the drama today.

Undeserved hate, but he did do a dumb today.

2 Likes

1 Like

So, everyone forgot that Alfa Romeo were launching their official race livery today… the price they pay for trying to do things a little differently, I guess.

The C42:

Follow the link to have a look around a 3D render version of the car (click the arrow on the right to switch from the camo livery to the final livery)

https://link.jig.space/e/arf1

2 Likes

That is pretty!

2 Likes

It’s a pretty car… Pretty unreliable!! Gottem!!

4 Likes

Sick rims bro.

3 Likes

Can’t wait for the first team to use spinners.

3 Likes

And RGB lights on the wheels for the night races!

3 Likes

Official DTS4 Teaser Trailer

Formula 1: Drive to Survive S4 | Official Teaser | Netflix - YouTube

Streaming on Netflix from 11 March.

2 Likes

3 Likes
4 Likes