The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

38023566_1802184306526427_7136807741124771840_n

3 Likes

McLaren, Renault and Williams could reportedly thwart the proposed Force India takeover deal because of a disagreement over prize money.

According to Auto Motor und Sport, Formula 1 boss Chase Carey spoke to all teams over the course of the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend, looking for approval could keep their share of the prize money and TV revenue this year albeit under a different name.

But, McLaren, Renault and Williams are believed to have objected to that plan and it would act as a very early setback in takeover negotiations after Force India went into administration on Friday.

Now I will think of this image every time I use that exact looking jack to jack up my Renault!

1 Like

ons gaan nou braai

3 Likes

Im thinking snow shovel with that front wing.

The Force India is looking that way as well

what is that used for?

Aero rakes

These are made up of an array of Kiel probes which will map airflow across the full surface of the rake.

4 Likes

interesting
thanks.

The closest it’s been between two manufacturers in a while. Granted that statement applies more to last year. But this year it feels more like it.

1 Like

Capture

2 Likes

3 Likes
1 Like

I wonder if 16 and 6 are engineers who help with the pitstops?
Could be an awesome job as a single, travel the world to hold a car steady for under a minute a weekend.

Watching some old footage and interviews. Sometimes you forget about the complete asshats that raced. Alain Prost, for example, brilliant driver but a complete prick. Jaques V, mediocre driver and just a general asshat. Then also Frank Williams, giant prick.

1 Like

Didn’t see this one coming!!!

Ricciardo to quit Red Bull and join Renault for 2019

https://www.racefans.net/2018/08/03/daniel-ricciardo-quit-red-bull-f1-team-renault-2019-season/

edit to add:
Confirmation now from Red Bull:

Red Bull has now revealed that Ricciardo will leave the team, and it has been suggested to Autosport that confirmation of his move to Renault will follow shortly.

Team principal Christian Horner said: "We fully respect Daniel’s decision to leave and we wish him all the best in his future.

"We would like to thank him for his dedication and the role he has played since joining the team in 2014, the highlights of course being the seven wins and the 29 podiums he has achieved so far with us.“

WHY

Why leave the team where you are going to achieve something for one where they are going backwards

1 Like

Money, it’s only money. But his chances of winning a championship just went down the tubes.

2 Likes

four letter fun words!!!
I want to know his salary now

1 Like

Definitely more than $6mil as this is what he gets to be Max’s blocker