The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

And indeed, this is what has happened. The drivers may keep their points and place in the standings, but the team will be stripped of all points earned thus far.

2 Likes

Pre-race drivers’ presser with a random four drivers. No idea why they chose them
 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well daddy stroll can afford it I hope. They are such a good team. I dont want to see them dissapear

Its scary to see how badly the honda’s are doing - Im worried about Redbull next year

40014218_2123174828005259_3116233974247063552_n

1 Like
1 Like

That leaves Hammy to take on the Ferraris by himself
 although Kimi might apparently be penalized as well.

1 Like
1 Like

Ferrari topping both Friday practice sessions. A few drops of rain in FP1, but nothing serious. Rest of the day all dry. Rain still forecast for FP3 but should be dry for Quali and Race.

Top 6 in each session today - click for Full Results:

Capture

Capture2

3 Likes

That top 6 list has a familiar look about it
 Where have I seen these names before?

3 Likes

We seem to be in for more driver shake-ups

3 Likes

Really hope this is not the last we see of Ocon - kid has a lot of talent. Will be brilliant to see Kubica back in a F1 race seat though.

3 Likes

I can see why he has disabled his Insta account.
Couldn’t take the heat he was getting. This would make it even worse.
Makes me mad how somebody can lose his career over a rich man’s hobby

3 Likes

That moment when 3 of your superbru picks goes out on the first lap :frowning:

Edit: sigh make that 4

3 Likes

Yeah, but I’m pretty sure most people will be in the same boat. I got first and second right, at least.

Great drive from Seb; Ferrari just too quick today.

3 Likes

Well done to Seb, he did manage that race very well, and that overtake on lewis was perfect.
The rest, meh what can we say

2 Likes

Yeah I also got 1st and 2nd right. Happy with that eventhough my pole guess was wrong. Also happy that the Ferrari took the Mercedes without any tricks.
And Hamilton doing another check up on the Ferrari after the race XD
Pity about Kimi. And wow, that sucked for Alonso and Leclerc :frowning:

1 Like

Was a good race I think. The Ferrari really turned on the pace this weekend, and you could hear Lewis was worried for Monza. With the win under his belt, and with Monza this weekend I can see Vettel making big inroads into Lewis’ lead. Will make for a great final part of the season.

That first corner crash was crazy! If anyone had any doubts about the halo on this year’s car, just look at the pictures of Le Clerc’s car. The halo saved him from serious injury right there.

4 Likes

It certainly looks that way. Alonso’s car might have landed squarely on his head otherwise.

1 Like

It was a disappointing return to F1 for me.

I went in with the intention of following 3 drivers. The two Renault drivers plus Riccardio. And of those three only one finished.

1 Like

I am not a die hard F1 fan, and watch every 2nd race or so.
But the DRS is getting ridiculous now. It is supposed to give you a better CHANCE over overtaking, not a 100% chance of flying by the guy.

1 Like