The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

Heavy days. Be interesting to see if str grabs kyviat under Ferrari contract to step in

For reference the article mentioned

Lot of supposition in he article based on his media pen interviews yesterday, and certainly nothing definitive at all. And like you say, a very unreliable source indeed.

Personally, Iā€™d be surprised if he decided to terminate his contract early. I wouldnā€™t blame him if he did though.

Yeah, exactly why Iā€™d rather wait for a trusted source to confirm.

1 Like

Stupid people, as far as I know he said in an interview redbull can just as well get gasly to finish the season out, he wants to go home and sit on a beach.

I honestly do not blame him, he punched a hole in the wall last weekend. Thus far he has had 4 dnfā€™s before the summer break and now 4 after.

He is reaching the lows that all the others have experienced at one point = Look at Alonso recently. That is another classic example of someone that ā€œquitā€ every race weekend

1 Like

And that comment from Horner after last weekā€™s DNF annoyed me a little. He said something along the lines of, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll have a chat with his future employers about this. Deflection is real.

2 Likes

I was thinking (hoping?) the same thing so had a quick look at the possibilities. And theyā€™re slim at best sadly.

Based on my rusty maths and some highly unlikely scenarios, it is possible but not probable: the maximum points Ferrari can score in the final 2 races is 86. That assumes a 1-2 finish in both Brazil and Abu Dhabi. That would put them on 616 points for the season. After MĆ©xico, Merc is on 585 already. Even with back-to-back 1-2 finishes from the red ponies, theyā€™d need just 31 more points to equal Ferrariā€™s possible maximum. If that happens, Mercsā€™ 9 wins would clinch the title over Ferrariā€™s 8.

Barring a catastrophic double DNF for the Silver Arrows, theyā€™ll be doing the double again this year.

1 Like

I know Max Verstappen is a great driver but Iā€™m really not a fan. I donā€™t like his attitude and now I see where he gets it from.

2 Likes

Jup his dad is what I lovingly call an entitled douche :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Naa, just a backmarker. Wonder if Maxā€™s sister will get an Formula 1 test at some stage.

1 Like

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/ericsson-marcus-sauber-schmidt-peterson/3205462/

ā€œRefugeā€?? Thatā€™s a touch mean.

Oh well, since you put it like thatā€¦ Weā€™ll see you next year Mercedes. Take this win as well. Weā€™ll be back XD

2 Likes

Jassie wtf. The man havenā€™t gotten a pole or gotten a podium(or finished a race) in a while so heā€™s entitled to some celebration. Why be angry at such trivial things, itā€™s not like he pulled a dirty to get the pole.

2 Likes

That is where the petulant Max still comes to the forefront, its where he needs to work on.

Honestly, if I was Ricciardo Iā€™d just ask ā€œgravel trap Josā€ how many podiums or pole positions heā€™s had in his F1 career?

The answer, for those who donā€™t know is 2. Twice in his entire F1 career he came 3rd. In the 107 times he raced he scored 17 points in total and retired 57 times.

Your helmet has featured a graphic of a creature called the Honey Badger. Are you keeping that this year and what does it mean?
ā€œItā€™s supposed to be the most fearless animal in the animal kingdom. When you look at it, he seems quite cute and cuddly, but as soon as someone crosses his territory in a way he doesnā€™t like, he turns into a bit of a savage and heā€™ll go after anything ā€“ tigers, pythons ā€“ he turns very quickly, but heā€™s a good guy.ā€

2 Likes

Has the points structure changed much?
Lance Stroll scored 40 points in his rookie year

Quite a bit, but even adjusting for thatā€¦

If you used 2010 (the current scoring) Jos would have 119 Career points with his most successful season still being his debut in 1994 where he scored 10 point (44 on the new scoring). His average season points (over 8 seasons) is 14.8 points per season if you use the new points system.

between 1991 and 2002 only the top 6 scored points; 10,6,4,3,2,1
then 2003 - 2009 is was top 8; 10,8, 6, 5, 4,3,2,1
from 2010 itā€™s been : 25,18,15,12,10,8,6,4,2,1

1 Like

Fun facts :

Lewis Hamilton needs 22 wins to equal Michael Schumacher, he also needs to appear on the podium another 26 times. With 21 races each season and we know that Hamilton should be around for another 2 years, this means that in all likelihood heā€™ll equal Michael Schumacherā€™s records in 2020. This also means heā€™ll could be the 2nd 7 time world champion. This would be be even more significant if he does it by 2020 as Schumacher did it over 19 seasons where Hamilton is on his 12th season currently.

4 Likes

I have a new language to add to my translations list - Vietnamese! Fortunately only going to need it in 2020, but itā€™s good to be prepared :slight_smile:

From 2020, an exciting new venue will adorn F1ā€™s calendar as Vietnam plays host to a dazzling new street circuit in the beating heart of its iconic and culturally rich capital city Hanoiā€¦

Vietnam will become F1ā€™s fourth street race, joining Monaco, Singapore and Azerbaijan with its unique 22-turn, 5.565km track. It will also be the fourth race in Asia, joining China, Japan and Singapore.

F1ā€™s Motorsports team have worked with renowned circuit design company Tilke to create a semi-permanent street track, using both existing and purpose-built roads.

Hereā€™s a look at the circuit layout:

More info on the circuit here:

sidenote: is it needlessly OCD and pedantic of me to be a little irritated that theyā€™ve used 2 different fonts for the Mā€™s (in Formula and in Vietnam) in that announcement image?

3 Likes