The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

Sainz did very well there. It’s surprising to see McLaren so high up the list.

1 Like

Shooooooooosh dont jinx it, I want them to stay good :smiley:

2 Likes

Formula One: Legendary engineer Patrick Head returns to Williams as consultant | Formula
1®.

4 Likes

Kamaan Ferrari!!! Just hope I see this in FP3. The only FP I really take seriously.

1 Like

How may points do you get for topping FP3 again? :wink:

2 Likes

50 bragging points. Remember that Ferrari through Ferrari International Assistance (FIA) will adjust the rules accordingly.

3 Likes

WP Sir, WP. But I mean FP3 generally gives me a better idea of what’s possible in the race. It’s what I base my SuperBru bets on, which I always get fairly wrong XD

2 Likes

Nicely done Hulkenberg! Now Ricciardo must just come to the party too.

3 Likes

Except in Bahrain specifically though where FP2 is probably a better indication of qualifying times because of the big difference in track temperatures. FP2 is run at the same time as quali (and the race) in much cooler conditions, FP3 happens at 2 in the afternoon.

FP1 track temps went from 50° at the start down to 44° by the end of the session. FP2 track temps went from 33° down to 28°.

In today’s FP2 session most teams seemed to do at least one or two quali sim runs, so it’ll be worth looking at the FP2 times above.

3 Likes

Wowza, that midfield is tight… Good to see the Maccas showing some pace!

2 Likes

Ferrari!!! And more Importantly Le Clerc! Here’s hoping for a good race.

2 Likes

I missed it, but wow great job ferrari

1 Like

Missed Quali today because I had to go to a goddamn picnic. Watched a few bits here and there on my phone. I am so happy Leclerc got pole. I really hope he can stay in front and that no team orders come into play.

Also this is my absolute favourite track. Cannot wait for the race tomorrow.

4 Likes

Both McLarens in the top 10 on pure pace, baby! Beat both Renaults and a Red Bull in the process. Early days yet but this is very promising.

3 Likes

It’s so sad that the Renaults did so poorly after looking so promising in the practice rounds. I mean Hulkenberg was killing it in practice and then qualifying came and he didn’t make it past the first round.

And the engine is good as you can see from the McLarens.

3 Likes

Ag come on :frowning: lucky Hamilton gets it again. But I’m still happy with Ferrari’s pace. Next race, if they keep this up, Merc will have a hard time.

2 Likes

That was heart breaking stuff

2 Likes

3 Likes

He at least got 3rd, small consolation. But WTF happened with Renault there :open_mouth:

3 Likes

They took a hit to save Leclerc’s podium finish.

Maybe…

2 Likes