The Formula 1 Thread šŸŽ

heartbroken

at least he kept 3rd

Vettel has already lost this season. His mind is not where it should be. Still not sure how he did that spin. And his pace was disappointing. I like the guy but it feels like his drive is gone.

I felt for sainz but it did look like a racing incident. Renault has a lot of work to do, so does williams.

1 Like

1 Like

ā€œIf my calculations are correct, when this sucker reaches 88 mph, youā€™re going to see some serious shit!ā€

1 Like

I wonā€™t lie, that was some scary stuff watching that replayā€¦

2 Likes

I do have to say it was the most exciting race to watch in a long while. The racing in the middle pack was awesome. Even the bit in the front - but something needs to be done to bring down that gap in the front.

2 Likes

It was a great race to watch. The first one where I watched all the practice rounds, the qualifying and the race. Only to be let down by Renault. Iā€™m a sucker for punishment. I canā€™t support Ferrari and Mercedes, I have to go for a mid range team with the hope that they will improve.

But man, itā€™s hard to be a Renault supporter. I really hope they sort things out.

2 Likes

This is why deep down it made me happy to see the Maccas do so well (well until Max and Sainz touched)

2 Likes

Yeah my two teams are now Renault and McLaren since they both use the Renault engine.

1 Like

Oh man what a race. It has it all; excitement, drama, heart break, overtakes, wheel-to-wheel action. Bahrain never fails to impress

I am gutted for Leclerc. It was his race to lose, and unfortunately that Ferrari engine let him down massively. I wonder if this is not a bigger issue that was masked during the Aus GP. But man, he deserved the race win. But well done to Hamilton on the win, and graciously mentioning Leclerc so often. He knew he was gifted the race, and the Mercs were far off the pace.

Vettel is done. He is just incapable to driving wheel-to-wheel. He hasnā€™t looked like a 4 time world champion in more than 2 years. I honestly feel like his best years are behind him.

Well done to Lando Norris!! I was very surprised by the pace of the McLaren. Itā€™s good to see them go against the mid-field pack and winning. Sainz wouldā€™ve given Verstappen a good run had he not closed the gap too much. I feel like his accident was his fault. But he showed really great race pace. No wonder Alonso wants to test again, and if McLaren continues on this path, Iā€™m sure weā€™ll see Alonso back in the car in no time.

1 Like

Once again, I do not like Lewis, but I have always respected his driving. He is a different person this year. I hope it stays this way - I will never love him but I am starting to respect him off track. Especially after this article:
https://www.racefans.net/2019/04/01/hamilton-defends-vettel-after-fourth-spin-in-10-races/

Like him or not, heā€™s got what it takes to be 7 or 8 time World Champion. Time will tell if he actually gets to equal or better Michael Schumachersā€™ record. I canā€™t see him continue much longer past that point.

Vettel just seems completely lost at the moment. He needs to find his mojo somehow. However, what the hell has gotten into Bottas, the guy is driving like a man on a mission.

2 Likes

Yea I agree someone lit a fire cracker under Bottaā€™s ass

And Vettel lost his mojo about 2 years go. And he just seems not interested this season at all.

I would love to see what Vettel does in an Alfa Romeo. Honestly, Kimi is working his magic with it. Hopefully he remains satisfied and keeps the mid-field interesting.

1 Like

Horrible feeling when Leclerc lost power and his P1. Horrible. Glad he at least made the podium, but damn did he ever deserve that win. Performed brilliantly the whole weekend, came back from a crappy start, had immense race pace. Damn harsh pill to swallow, but it will ultimately just add to his determination to succeed. If he keeps his positive attitude and his good form, I wonā€™t be surprised if heā€™s actively challenging for the WC title towards the 2nd half of the year. IF Ferrari keep their shit together through the season of course.

Even more so if Seb doesnā€™t sort himself out too. That spin of his was very weird, and Iā€™m pretty sure the gusting wind may have influenced it to some degree (told you in my race preview that the wind may be a factor). But still, another unforced error under pressure. Hamilton is right though (in the article Wyz posted above) - donā€™t write Vettel off just yet. There is still a multiple Champion under that helmet. A session or two with his sports psychologist, a reaffirmation that he really is an incredible driver, and all of a sudden the forums will be flooded with the ā€œFerrari favours Vettelā€ conspiracies again.

Props to the Merc drivers, and Seb, for acknowledging Leclercā€™s drive, and for accepting their 1-2 was a somewhat lucky result.

Renault need to short their shit out too. And in hurry. It bugs me no end to think of Christian Horner laughing with his donkeys at both Renault and Ricciardo.

McLaren had a pretty good weekend, and definitely were on track to hit a double points finish. Next time in China they will.

Some terrific racing in the midfield again. Hopefully it stays at tight as this throughout the season.

And Williamsā€¦ Letā€™s hope that the return of Patrick Head to the team he co-founded helps. He was around and responsible for the the cars that earned Williams drivers 6/7 WDC titles. I doubt heā€™s going to have the same impact now, but hopefully heā€™ll be able to help get them to at least a competitive level.

All-in-all, as others have mentioned, another fantastic Bahrain GP. Iā€™m giving it 8/10 racing camels.

3 Likes

It amazes me to think that, two races into the new year, Ferrari are already in a position where they need to pull their socks up, and very quickly, or this year will slip away entirely. Again. They have a single measly third place to their name while Merc have bagged consecutive one-two finishes. Red Bull are in a spot of bother; Gasly is struggling to find his feet, and it looks as though they may be battling ā€œmidfieldā€ cars a lot more often this year, instead of chasing the leading pair.

The midfield battle just keeps getting more interesting. Even my most optimistic prediction would not have had McLaren as the 4th or 5th fastest team by race 2 of the season. They may not be this competitive at every race, but the progress is clear to see. Fighting Red Bull for position this early in the season is mega.

2 Likes

the word youā€™re looking for is ā€œBlitzkriegā€ and I hope Mercedes can keep it up for most of this season

Mandatory - ā€œThatā€™s what she saidā€

3 Likes

Ferrari looks good on paper, but when it comes to race day they are just not cohesive. At least they didnt bungle the pitstops

Gasly needs to find his feet faster, he has potential, but in a team with Max you need to show you are worthy of being there or else you will end up in the corner like the ugly stepchild no one wants

2 Likes
1 Like

The point where the McLaren was giving a red bull a hard timeā€¦ Best point in the race. Iā€™m not even a McLaren fan, but I am a fan of underdogs.

3 Likes

I am not a huge F1 fan, and maybe even less of a Ferrari fan, but damn I enjoy watching Le Clerc! THat boy is going places! I hope the prancing horse can do him justice!

4 Likes