The Formula 1 Thread 🏎

This is quite a special moment, guys…

5 Likes

Please enlighten me :frowning: I have no idea who that is…

2 Likes

Is that the young Schumacher?

3 Likes

That is Mick Schumacher, the son of Michael Schumacher, one of the greatest F1 racers the world has ever seen. And a lot of big things are expected of the very young Schumacher. He is currently racing in F2, and testing F1 for Ferrari

3 Likes

Indeed. Mick is testing for Ferrari today. A Schumacher driving a Ferrari for the first time since 2006.

2 Likes

Ah, awesome! Luckily I know of his dad :wink: Pretty cool to see him follow in his dad’s footsteps!

Is there any news on Michael? I know they are super secretive and nobody really knows his condition…

1 Like

Sadly, no. There have not been any updates for some time.

I doubt we will get any until they offcially admit his condition. My gut tells me he is either totally paralised and mentally impaired or in a vegetative state. Why they feel the public doesnt need to know, only they will know.

I think it is extremely sad that they cannot tell his fans who are still loyal what is what.

Unlike Kubica and even Jule’s family. There was constant updates on their progress or lack of, and in the end when Jules didnt make it they were honest and upfront about it. For that I have so much more respect for them than the Shumi family. Then again Shumi was not and never will be a huge favourite of mine.

It’s raining in Bahrain (and yes, everyone has been making bad puns about it). Here are the times from the first day of in-season testing so far.

3 Likes

Wow, seeing the name Shumacher next to Ferrari, and Alonso next to McLaren brings a tear to my eye.

4 Likes

It does indeed. :grinning:

If only Alonso never left Ferrari. Him and Le Clerc would be such a epic combo. Also yeah, seeing Shumacher next to Ferrari is indeed something special.

1 Like

Speaking of Schumacher in a Ferrari…

5 Likes

For those that have not yet started listening to the Beyond The Grid podcast, listen to this one. Luca was the CEO of Ferrari and was close personal friends with Enzo himself. This guy has some extremely open opinions about why Vettel is not winning, why Alonso never won with Ferrari, and many other drivers. It is really worth a listen. And then go and listen to all the others as well. They are all amazing.

2 Likes

Very interesting look at the 2021 regulations.

2 Likes
1 Like

I wonder how a Hamilton/Verstappen partnership will work. They will be a seriously fast partnership, but it could be volatile

It will blow up in their faces unless Merc knows something we do not know.

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is that Hamilton will retire at the end of the 2020 or 2021 season. Thus leaving the door open for Verstappen to get comfy with the Merc, get a 2nd in the drivers championship and then becoming the #1 driver for Mercedes to pave the way for him to win his first drivers trophy

2 Likes