The latest microsoft update

I don’t know if anyone else has this problem. The latest microsoft update reset 21 of my file associations and wants me to reactivate office because of so called hardware changes.

I don’t think microsoft should go about resetting file associations that I’ve changed.

3 Likes

Ya, changing file associations is bullcrap.

Also, that explains why I got a call about office needing activation. Gonna be a busy week I think!

2 Likes

Its bad enough that it reset my pinned start buttons and taskbar buttons

Im not a happy chappy

1 Like

It’s a disastrous update. Followed the guide here to uninstall it and revert back:

Users who have installed the update and are experiencing issues can follow this procedure to uninstall the update and get rid of the problems:

1. Select the start button or Windows Desktop Search and type update history and select View your Update history .
  2. On the Settings/View update history dialog window, Select Uninstall Updates .
  3. On the Installed Updates dialog window, find and select KB4524244 and select the Uninstall button.
  4. Restart your device.
2 Likes

Runs update as soon as it is released, in case of zero days. Pwns machine. Next week, runs update late to avoid buggy updates. Zero day bug pwns machine.

5 Likes