The Lure of Stardew Valley

If you had told me one year ago that I would have over 60 hours, and counting, in a farming game I might have laughed myself to death. If only I knew.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://ink.mostepic.win/the-lure-of-stardew-valley/
2 Likes

Nice @Wlad!

Nice, I started it a while ago, waiting for the update to come out of beta it ads lots of extra content,multiplayer etc…

Hahaha Wlad, welcome to the madness that is Stardew - you summed it up nicely, this is exactly what the game does. When I have periods of extreme stress or panic attacks the game actually works to help me relax

1 Like

Yeah it is one of the most relaxing games I have ever played. The other night I was playing For Honor and the rage started building up, I almost threw my controller at the TV. :stuck_out_tongue:
Then I shut down the PS4, picked up my joycons and in less than a minute of SDV I was completely calmed down and fully relaxed.

2 Likes

Just stay away from mods! I played with them just makes it even more addictive

1 Like

Very cool post. At your recommendation I will be staying far away from this amazing game until I’m retired :wink:.

4 Likes

Jis jy noem my nie eers by my naam nie. Dis reg. Ek sal dit onthou.

4 Likes

I still want to try it out on PC, but like you say I am so scared I start messing with mods and never play anything else again. I am eagerly awaiting the mulitplayer patch on Switch though.

1 Like

we have thusfar not done the multiplayer thing =weirdly as much as i love playing with others, this game is like a mental hideyhole, I want to share it with others and i dont lol

Haha, I totally get that. However, I just want somebody to help me with the crops and the animals. It’s getting too much for me alone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahahahahahahaha yea I know the feeling! Its why I am considering it :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted to love the game, i really did. But i found it too stressfull, ironically. Coz there never seemed to be enough hours in the day. i always felt like i was short of time and rushing to do everything possible in the short amount of daylight available.

This is why I learnt to prioritize - I dont go into the mines often, I have more livestock than plants, and I do all I can to make that section easier

1 Like

My first though reading this was, why didnt he mention @Talentloos as the person that told him not to play this game…

I then laughed HARD when Wlad didnt reply to your post :rofl:

2 Likes

He got a like for his post. He knows who he is. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

yeah such disrespect.

1 Like

https://www.stardewvalley.net/1-4-pc-release-date-more/

Content-wise, nearly every aspect of the game has been expanded or improved upon in some way.

One small example is the Wild Bait…which used to be essentially worthless… but now gives you a chance to catch double fish.

There’s a lot of little things like that, where I felt that the game had some holes or weak points that could use a little boost.

Another example, is that every spouse now has a unique 14-heart event after marriage:

3 Likes

Look at this sexy place wish mine looked halve as good as this.

4 Likes