The Mos Eisley Cantina - A Star Wars Hub

With so much Star Wars news coming out this weekend from the Star Wars Celebration Europe event, and with so much past, current, and future Star Wars content across various media, here’s a place to report on general SW news and to collect links to all of the separate Star Wars posts and articles on MEW.

1 Like

Biggest news (for me) is the confirmation that three new live-action feature films are on the way.

The three movies will be directed by James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Ahsoka), and Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face).

The Mangold film will go all the way back to the Dawn of the Jedi era - a pre-history, Jedi origin story.

Filoni will continue the work he’s been focused on in the Mandoverse, closing out the interconnected stories of The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Ahsoka.

Perhaps most interesting, and exciting, though is the news that Obain-Chinoy will helm the first film set in a post-Rise of Skywalker era. Not only will The New Jedi Order era become canon, but it will also see the very welcome return of Daisy Ridley’s Rey Skywalker who will take up the challenge of rebuilding the Jedi Order.

1 Like

Next up, a first look at the next Star Wars series, Ahsoka. The 8 episode limited series launches in August on Disney+.

Ahsoka is a spin-off from the The Mandalorian series and takes place in the same timeframe. Rosario Dawson stars as Ahsoka Tano, reprising her role from the second season of The Mandalorian. The character was originally created for the animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars series.

2 Likes

Let me guess… No South African showings…

3 Likes

Am loving the Anniversary poster, but I fear you’re right in your assumptions about there not being SA showings. The new poster and the trusty old DVD copy are probably the best it’ll get for us.

3 Likes

The VHS or Laserdisc versions are best… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I actually do still have the original trilogy on VHS somewhere in storage. Don’t have a VHS player for them though… :smiley:

2 Likes

The next Star Wars game is due out at the end of this month (April 2023). Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is the sequel to 2019s SWJ: Fallen Order.

Star Wars Jedi - #97 by GregRedd

Survivor is also the last game that EA will publish under their multi-year exclusive license agreement. It will be followed in the years to come by a number of SW games in a variety of genres. There are currently at least 7 other Star Wars related game projects. Very little is known about most of them other than the game type and the developers:

Star Wars: Hunters

• Release Date: 2023
  • Platforms: Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android
  • Developer: Zynga

Knights of the Old Republic Remake

• Developer: Saber Interactive

Star Wars Eclipse

• Developer: Quantic Dream

Untitled Star Wars FPS game

• Developer: Respawn Entertainment

Untitled Star Wars strategy game

• Developer: Bit Reactor & Respawn Entertainment

Untitled Star Wars open-world game

• Developer: Ubisoft Massive

Untitled Star Wars action-adventure game

• Developer: Skydance New Media
3 Likes

Star Wars: Visions (Volume 2)

Disney+ | 4 May

Featuring nine new shorts from nine celebrated animation studios from across the globe.

Catch up with Volume 1 if you haven’t already (the first anthology featured shorts from Japanese studios only):

https://www.apps.disneyplus.com/za/shows/star-wars-visions/1260068249

2 Likes
3 Likes

May the 4th Be With You!
Happy Star Wars Day!

Appropriate and share liberally:

d8s5gr6-a498a758-ea36-4c3a-a92d-31b929e5cc84

star-wars-may-the-fourth

star_wars_day_dribbble

4 Likes

Star Wars: Visions (Volume 2)

Disney+ | 4 May

Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 features nine new shorts from nine celebrated animation studios from across the globe. Out today on Disney+

https://apps.disneyplus.com/za/shows/star-wars-visions/1260068249

1 Like

As usual, there’s a Star Wars game sale running through today and tomorrow:

Lego and EA franchise titles and a host of Classic SW titles are included:

The Lego Skywalker Saga: Galactic Edition is fantastic value for R380:

2 Likes
1 Like

That wookie!!!

Also, say goodbye to any decent Youtube suggestions from now!

3 Likes

Ahsoka releases tomorrow… so keen!

See Hera and Chopper in this brand new clip from Ahsoka, a Star Wars Original series, streaming tomorrow

3 Likes

The Acolyte

Disney+ | 4 June | Season 1 | 8 Episodes

The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era. A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes, but the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.

The Acolyte is set during the High Republic era and the prime of the Jedi Order. But trouble is brewing for the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy. The High Republic saw the Jedi Order at its prime, centuries prior to the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.

Star Wars: The Acolyte arrives June 4, 2024, on Disney+ with a two-episode premiere!

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m feeling the same these days. To be honest, there are so many factions, political orders, religious zealots, rebellion forces, and who knows what other groups in the Star Wars universe that I can’t keep up anymore. I feel quite dumb watching any of the recent Star Wars shows, even “kids shows” like The Bad Batch, because I just have no idea what’s going on. My son just enjoys the battle scenes and pew-pew sounds, so that’s why I watch it with him.

3 Likes