The MotoGP Thread

What the heck! Fabio to only 10th, must be something up with the Yamaha.

Nice to see Binder up there, good time.

And I’m surprised to see Bezzechi coming in at the bottom. Otherwise some nice differences in times and names, nice spread.

Bound to be an interesting season.

2 Likes

Fabio had a poor Qualifying and only started from P11. Then had contact on the first op that sent to the back. So his push back up to P10 was solid. He was actually lapping faster than the leaders for the last few laps. If he can get a decent start and stay out of harms way he may still have a decent GP later.

Brad is still riding with a sore neck from his accident during testing, so that is a solid result for him. Full length GP may be challenging for him though.

Bezzechi was DNF - he had contact on lap 2 that put him out. He wasn’t very happy about it at all:

“There are some riders that cry in the Safety Commission for so many overtakes. They cry like a baby and then, in the first occasion, they make something that is completely stupid and destroy your race,” Bezzecchi said.

It wasn’t a great start to the season for the VR46 Ducati team.

Bezzecchi’s exit came on the same lap that team-mate Luca Marini fell and took down Enea Bastianini, leaving the factory Ducati rider with a broken shoulder.

Bastianini won’t ride today.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate, I love the beast.

Moto3 was great to watch and how’s that crash on the finish lap into the race winner. Just a momentary lapse of concentration.

2 Likes

Not able to watch at the moment, but that sounds like it’ll definitely make the highlights reel.

1 Like

What a performance by Binder.

1 Like

The #1 goes P1 twice! Bagnaia does the first MotoGP Double with his second win of the weekend to claim maximum points.

After the heroics of Qualifying, Marc Marquez goes from hero to zero when he slams into Miguel Oliveria. The accident takes them both out early in the race.

Brad’s a mad lad! Starts P14, gains 8 places through the race, was fighting as high as P4 at one point, finishes P6 and takes a fair few points at the end of Round 1.

2 Likes

`

We believe in
you, @jackmilleraus!
:muscle:#VivaMiller
#ArgentinaGP
:argentina: pic.twitter.com/l3R7QoJ3tb

MotoGP™🏁 (@MotoGP) March
30, 2023

`

Dunno bout anyone else but I’m looking forward to this weekend’s activities.

1 Like

Meanwhile, over in Argentina, we completely missed Brad Binder smashing the Saturday Sprint Race.

Not sure if he can do the same thing again today in the GP event.

2 Likes

Fantastic race(s), much better than the F1 for sure.

2 Likes

Quatararo being disappointing this time and I feel being let down by that Yamaha.

Binder securing Q2 in 2nd position from Q1.

Rain incoming to change things up, Q2 gonna be interesting.

1 Like

Brad FT Sprint W!

2 Likes

Heck yeah!

1 Like

It was a good race! Pity KTM couldn’t get the one-two.

2 Likes

Yeah sadly Miller went wide on the last corner.

1 Like

I swear Bezzechie is the next Simoncelli.

1 Like

Man, those KTMs are fast off the line!! In all four MotoGP starts this weekend (Sprint start and restart, Race start and restart) Binder and Miller were meters ahead by the first corner - rockets! If only they were as fast as the Ducati’s in the twisty bits too. Absolutely brilliant battle for the lead throughout the GP. Initially between Brad and teammate Jack Miller, and in the second half, between Binder and Bagnaia. Brilliant racing by them all.

Unofficial highlights here: (may get DMCed by Dorna soon)

Binder’s Sprint win and P2 in the GP today elevates him to P3 in overall standings:

4 Likes

I don’t watch MotoGP but super happy to see our Binder doing solidly

4 Likes

You should try watch it when you can - this GP was absolutely epic in comparison to the F1 GP!

2 Likes
2 Likes

loooooooow bar

2 Likes