The MotoGP Thread

Go Binder!!

:south_africa:

2 Likes

What a brilliant performance.

2 Likes

Heck! I keep forgetting that MotoGP has sprint race events on Saturdays and that qualifying happens on Saturday mornings :man_facepalming:t2:

Looks like another great ride by Brad. P10 on the grid to P2 and up to second in the Championship. And, I see, not taking kak from anyone questioning his riding:

Feel a little for Fabio. He’s having a lousy season so far and this home GP was supposed to be a return to form. Crashed out early in the Sprint. Hopefully he’ll have a better GP today. Vive la France!

Today’s winner gets the extra kudos of winning GP number 1000.

1 Like

Completely missed the fact that there’s a MotoGP race on this weekend. :man_facepalming:t2:

Meanwhile, Brad Binder is setting new insanely fastest ever MotoGP speeds.

F1 speeds. On two wheels. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Sometimes I feel as though I’m the only MotoGP fan in here.

2 Likes

Thats because its only half a motorsport…

:spoon:

3 Likes

I do love it but because I can’t watch I miss out :frowning:

2 Likes

Can confirm that you’re not! Probably the most interested and passionate, but definitely not the only one.

You know what you should do? Make a little reminder post on the Thursday or Friday before every race. Doesn’t have to be anything as detailed as my F1 preview posts, but just a quick mention of the race and where it is. Throw in a screengrab of the schedule with local times, and link to the MotoGP timing screens for the event. Add a couple of updates over the weekend - qualifying times, starting grid screenshots, etc. and folks will start paying a little more attention. (And I’ll start remembering to pay more attention.)

And then do the Supersport highlights clip that goes out on their video archive. (For some reason the videos are uploaded to their YouTube channel as “Unlisted” so you can’t find them when you check Supersport’s YT Channel.)

Go here:

Find the video you want and click on it.
Then Right click on the video still that opens up, Copy Video URL, and…

2 Likes

Marc Marquez in another huge crash, this time with Johan Zarco. Much drama, raised middle fingers, ugly words…

Practice 2 results:

2 Likes

Qualifying Results for the German GP:

Slippery conditions after rain saw Marquez crash three times! That Honda hates Marc - this almost random low speed highside as he touched the inside curbswas the second of his spills:

Also crashes in the session for Bezzechi and Zarco in the Q2 session.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates, I have entirely missed it so far this week, been spending time with family and hardly checking my phone.

Such a technical circuit too, and such a skilled rider.

2 Likes

Updates from FP1 - Assen MotoGP

Fitting a fresh soft rear tyre for the final few moments of the session, Bezzecchi found more time to end the morning with a 1m32.246s.
He would not be tested as the final few laps of the session were posted, with Aprilia’s Maverick Vinales his nearest challenger on a 1m32.560s.

Alex Marquez completed the top three on his Gresini Ducati ahead of Pramac’s Johann Zarco who suffered a high-speed crash going through Turn 15 with 16 minutes to go.

Quartararo enjoyed a solid morning on his M1 to end up fifth, 0.558s off the pace, with VR46 Ducati’s Luca Marini trailing him.

Jack Miller was ninth on the first of the KTMs, with Aleix Espargaro splitting him on his Aprilia from team-mate Brad Binder on the second factory team RC16.

Marquez’s reserved run on his Honda showed as he could only muster a 1m34.111s to end FP1 1.8s off the pace in 21st.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Turning into a storming weekend for Bez here! P1 in the GP tomorrow and he gets a perfect 100%.

Brad finished P3 in the Sprint Race but got hit with a 3 second time penalty for exceeding track limits on the final lap. :grimacing:

1 Like

Dude, did you see that penalty? I would be surprised if they don’t appeal it. Literally millimetres.

2 Likes

Again!! No Brad, bru, no!! Twice in a row. Exactly the same thing, exactly the same place, exactly the same result. :frowning: Two podiums lost by millimeters. And after a great start and leading the race for the first few laps.

1 Like

He had such a good race too. Initially, I thought the on-screen prompt was in error, but I saw the Aprillia team celebrating. It pissed me off that he has done this twice in the same weekend, on the same corner.

Hy piss my nou af.

2 Likes

Interestingly enough I see a lot of these:

I believe Martin rode wide into the right-hander corner (as seen in the background) which caused him to not gain any potential position (or advantage) from the corner cutting in the picture.

1 Like
1 Like