The MotoGP Thread

Funny guy.

1 Like

Australian GP and Sprint Race swapped due to weather forecast pointing to bad weather and high winds on Sunday.

SA’s own Brad Binder and local mate Jack Miller showing that the KTM, in the right hands, is well suited to the Phillip Island Circuit - two fastest Friday practice times.

I’ll temper my expectations. Binder normally fluffs the quali but the KTM’s are hot off the line. That being said, they have nothing on those Ducati’s.

1 Like

Such an amazing and thrilling race!!

1 Like

MotoGP 2024 Calendar

1 Like
1 Like

“Where are the f*****g buttons?!” :rofl: Champion in the making here. A season or two with GasGas and he’ll be snapped up by Ducati or KTM and will be adding a MotoGP title to his Moto3 and Moto2 titles before long.

Talking of which, Marc “Antman” Marquez at the Valencia Test on his first outing on a Ducati.

The smiling face after his first run says “there’s another World Championship for me here!”

:south_africa:

2 Likes

:south_africa:

3 Likes

3 Likes

This is a big deal. Literally and figuratively!

F1 owner Liberty Media takes over MotoGP in $4bn deal with Dorna. Dorna Sports has officially announced that Formula 1 owner Liberty Media has finalised its purchase of the MotoGP World Championship.

The American entertainment company, which has owned the rights to Formula 1 since 2016, will take over Dorna, which has owned MotoGP since 1992 and also controls WSBK and the MotoE World Cup, in a deal valued at €4.2 billion.

Liberty will take 86% of the shares of the Spanish company, with the remaining 14% remaining with MotoGP management.

1 Like
1 Like

• From 2027, engine size will be reduced from 1000cc to 850cc
  • 100% sustainable fuel from 2027 – rising from the minimum 40% the sport has raced with since 2024
  • Aerodynamics will be reduced and more tightly controlled from 2027
  • All ride-height and holeshot devices will be banned
  • GPS data from all riders will be available to all teams after each session

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/motogp-announces-major-2027-technical-regulation-overhaul/10607662/

Also:

These are some good changes.

However, I can’t see why they had to reduce the engine sizes, apart from not having enough downforce now due to the aero changes.

2 Likes

Less cc = less carbons = more green.

2 Likes

MotoGP silly season in full swing…

Exclusive: Martin leaves Ducati, paving way for Marquez factory step (autosport.com)

Bastianini set to ride a KTM in 2025 MotoGP season (autosport.com)

MotoGP is back baby!

1 Like