The MotoGP Thread

Every year :confused:
These guys know the risks and accept that it might be their last ride. They pass away doing what they love and what not many other people on this planet can or will ever be able to do

1 Like

I know, still sad though, it always hits me in the feels. I have so much respect for these guys. Anyone on a bike and car that races.

Having a family and still deciding to do races like the Isle of Man… I do not think that is very fair towards the rest of the family!

2 Likes

Agree but they all know what they have signed up for, we always wait for that call on race days. So far we got lucky that we have only had it once, and my dad walked away from a massive accident with just a concussion.

True, I guess that is the life of a racer after all

1 Like

Yep, its one of the reasons I never could race. I hate seeing the worry in my mums eyes. At least for now his car has not been race worthy :stuck_out_tongue: aka he broke something and cant find it

Back to MotoGP. 2019 is going to be interesting! So many riders and teams switching!
Rae hinted at having an opportunity on a Factory MotoGP team

1 Like

Cant wait to see what happens next, I admittedly don’t follow it as hectically as F1 but love it still

Faken Scary

1 Like

wow and he is ok!

ITALIAN MotoGP rider Michele Pirro was taken to hospital after crashing his Ducati heavily in second practice for the Italian Grand Prix.

The factory test rider, who is entered as a wild card, lost control at the end of the main 350kph straight at the Mugello circuit and was thrown off the bike with the session brought to a halt.

He was confirmed as conscious, after being treated by doctors as he lay in the gravel, and transferred to hospital in nearby Florence.

Italian media reports said he would be kept under observation overnight but had not suffered any broken bones or serious injury.

Ducati sporting director Paolo Ciabatti told the Gazzetta dello Sport that Pirro could not recall the crash but was talking.

Ducati teammate Jorge Lorenzo said the entire team had been shaken.

“The fall was scary, I saw him after it happened and I don’t ever want to see that again,” said Lorenzo.

“Michele is a friend. We have to wait 24 hours before we understand what happened. The cause I don’t know,” the three-time world MotoGP champion said, adding the problem could have been the brakes.

He was walking around in the pits and grid the very next day. Eyes look like someone moered him, and wore a sling for his dislocated shoulder. But apart from that he was fine

1 Like

I honestly love and respect Moto GP and Race car drivers the most - They survive the most horrific accidents and walk around the next day. Or if its broken they start racing 3 weeks later!

Its amazing their will power and body strength

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Offbeat . . . Off Topic

I see the silly season has started in Motogp already

1 Like

Lorenzo and Marc as team mates!! =D

1 Like

And another fatality in Moto GP 3

Who watched the race last weekend?
HOly balls it was insane!

I missed it and I havent managed to catch a reply on dstv

It was amazing! best race of the season by far!

1 Like