The MotoGP Thread

Very true. I miss MotoGP.

1 Like

I’m surprised I didn’t see anything in my YT feeds regarding this, what were the outcomes? I hear Binder got 7th with an overall 6th in the championship.

1 Like
2 Likes

The F1 gang are all still faffing about at the moment. Meanwhile, over in MotoGP Land, the two-wheeled knights are about to start their 2022 season already…

Round 1 of the 21 round 2022 MotoGP season kicks off this weelkend at the Losail International Circuit in Qatar.

Here’s the FP2 times:

How cool is it to see two South Africans in the premier class, even if they are a little down the order. (Brad actually topped FP1 earlier in the day with a 1:54.851)

MotoGP.com have eventually managed to move their results sheets into the 21st century, so they are a lot easier to read and use now than they were last year.

For those fortunate enough to have access to DSTv, Qualifying should be on the SuperSport Motorsport channel (#215) this afternoon from 16:30.

1 Like

Oh, and not to be outdone by F1 on the streaming television documentary front either, this year also sees the launch of the MotoGP equivalent to Netflix’s Drive to Survive: MotoGP Unlimited premiers on Prime Video on 14 March.

MotoGP™: Unlimited | Official Trailer - YouTube

The series’ eight, 50-minute episodes will follow a number of MotoGP’s premier-class stars, including riders and team managers from the world’s top teams.

And unlike the less than glowing press preview review of DTS 4 the preview of MotoGP: Unlimited is being received much more positively.

2 Likes

Damn, I miss MotoGP. If there one thing about not having DStv it’s this.

3 Likes

It sounds like it was a cracking season opener. Hopefully some highlights on the old YouTubes eventually.

A maiden win for Enea Bastianini with Brad Binder right on his rear wheel for a fantastic P2. Polesitter Jorge Martin had contact with fellow Ducati rider Francesco Bagnaia taking both out. The younger Binder brother - Darryn - finished his big boy bike racer debut just outside of the points.

1 Like

Yasis what a race, Brad was just on fire from 7th to 2nd in the first two corners. He did so well the whole race not one mistake.
Baby binder struggled a bit but with all the dnfs he at least came 16/17

2 Likes

P4 start for Brad Binder tomorrow morning in Indonesia, as the champion takes pole.

3 Likes

He did amazing and nice to see Binder doing well in Quali.

1 Like

Damnit, the rain seems to have created a soaked track. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Made for amazing racing in the WSBK last year, def rideable

2 Likes

Absolutely, will make for some interesting riding especially if the race line dries up and need to change to slicks.

1 Like

with the wsbk there was 0 dry line. They literally drove throughg so much still standing water, it was insane!

2 Likes

Brad Binder channels his inner fan watching DSTV right now…

1 Like

I am hyped for the race, been waiting patiently

What a fantastic MotoGP, I hope Daryn Binder gets recognition. I was a bit disappointed with Brad but he pulled some points back. Great race overall.

1 Like

Brad really struggled, i woulsd have loved to see more of the middle pack fight.

Darren was the mvp

1 Like

Brotherly love :grinning:

1 Like

2 Likes