The Official TV & TV Series Thread

I started the tears at that moment it all went mad

I had a feeling of what is gonna happen

Yes I did watch the credits, I agree great way to start season 4 - who knows what that comment ment

The not the american

3 Likes

Almost done watching it. Dam they did a good job on this. Going in one of my top list for sure.

3 Likes

Yup also got it done on Friday/Saturday. Really good. Good pacing. Best of the 3.

2 Likes

Bwhahah dammit mense dis te goed. Stranger Things

The song in all that tension really made me laugh out loud perfect moment in Ep8

The end.

But wait there is more! I am happy tonight!! but that means the door is still open or well the brain is on this side.

2 Likes

I’m not clicking those spoilers. I’m only finished episode 4 of ST3… I’m enjoying it so far.

3 Likes

Yeah, don’t click them yet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finished watching stranger things S3 now moving onto a series called Dark

1 Like

i couldnt get into Dark - but it was mainly because watching a show in german, with translations, and me trying translate the german in my head was just tiring.

My bad thanks for moving it.

Dark is ok I just listen to it as I know German so its nice to watch something i can understand.

1 Like

See I understand some German, not enough so it is chaos in my head :smiley:

I see how that could cause some chaos lol because the translations are not always 100% correct but like 80% :smiley:

1 Like

I finished Stranger Things 3 a couple nights ago.

Spoiler:

I’m pretty sure Hopper is still alive in the Russian prison. They said “Not the American” when they fed the dude to the demidog at the end. And Hopper was referred to as “the American” in an earlier episode. Maybe that surge that disintegrated the people was just so powerful that it actually teleported them?
Plus, that letter at the end, right in the feels

4 Likes

Stranger Things 3 Spoiler Warning!

Yay, eventually! I’ve been dying to share my “Hopper is Alive” theory for weeks now!

I agree the that Hopper is “the American” the Russians refer to in that scene and that he’s still alive. My theory though is that when he realized that he wouldn’t be able to get back to the safety of the control room, he decided to take a chance and went through the split to the Upside Down that the Russians were making before the machine exploded and the gap closed.

In S3, when they were explaining why the Russians were in Hawkins trying to breach into the Upside Down, it was mentioned that they had discovered a number of portals in Russia, but that none of them was as stable as the Hawkins one.

I reckon Hopper got into the Upside Down, spent time wandering around there and eventually found his way out through one of the Russian portals. There was also a noticeable absence of Russian soldiers and scientists around at the time the machine exploded. It’s possible that some of them used the same route to get out as well.

Maybe even the Russians have set up paths and tunnels in the Upside Down? I mean, how they managed to get 100s of people into the States and build and run a huge underground facility without anyone noticing anything is never explained at all. Maybe they were using one of the portals in Russia and have been travelling backwards and forwards between the two places for ages. Space and time in the Upside Down are known to be weird - it could be a simple as going through one “door” in the US, walking down a passage and exiting through another “door” into Russia.

2 Likes

more spoilers

Yeah I think so too. They can’t not have him. He’s too much of a big character.
While I was watching I also thought he would jump into the upside down to escape, seeing that Will survived there in S1 I’m sure he could look after himself.

But yeah, it’s going to be interesting when they explain what happened. Hopefully it’s not a silly simple explanation. I like the idea of teleportation.

2 Likes

PSA - if it’s only a single paragraph, the spoiler tag works immediately before and after. Soon as you add a new paragraph, the spoiler tags need to be put on their own lines.

2 Likes

If you could please.

Thanks

2 Likes

That’s bloody brilliant!

That certainly is much more plausible than my initial “teleport” thoughts. I didn’t even think of him going through the portal.

I was also thinking about how the soldiers and such got there in the first place while I was watching the show. I just assumed they came in by plane in civilian clothing, and then wound up getting all their gear in the facility. Smuggling happens. But whats better than an underground railway? Upside Down portals! You make a lot of sense there. But now I’m wondering where the green goo is being sourced from. It must be sourced locally (US).

Also…

Is Lucas on crack? The new Coke sucked arse… So much nostalgia…

Fun side note: You know Dustin’s hat from season 1 (and maybe 2). I have one of those with my favorite hockey team’s logo on it from when I was “his age”.

3 Likes

Ah…

I totally forgot about the green goo. Mainly where it comes from. They didn’t really touch on that at all

Dustin was my hero in season 3. Love his character and his chirps. When he was trying to fit into the vent. “Push my ass, not my legs. It’s ok you can touch my ass. I give you permission. I’m ok with it” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They wouldn’t want to touch on it, it dissolved the floor. What would it do to their hands… (sorry)

Ya, his chirps were good, and he has a really good voice, but I hated that neverending story song growing up. While the nostalgia in this show is really strong for me, there are some really popular things like that movie that I just couldn’t stand…

2 Likes
3 Likes