The Official TV & TV Series Thread

The Curse

Paramount+ | 10 November | Season 01 | 10 Episodes

THE CURSE is a genre-bending SHOWTIME® series that explores how an alleged curse disturbs the relationship of a newly married couple as they try to conceive a child while co-starring in their new home-improvement show.

Emma Stone and Nathan Fielder have to be one of the oddest screen couple pairings we’ve seen in some time. Somehow, it looks like it could work though.

1 Like

Orphan Black: Echoes

AMC+ | 2024 | Season 01 | 10 Episodes
Teaser Trailer

This is anything but a carbon copy.

Jessica Jones is a clone! This popped up in my feed as a welcome surprise. Looks good. Wonder if Tatiana Maslany will make a cameo.

1 Like

Hope so, she made that show

2 Likes

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Apple TV+ | 17 November | Season 1 | 10 Episodes

Following the thunderous battle between Godzilla and the Titans that leveled San Francisco, and the shocking revelation that monsters are real, “Monarch: Legacy of Monsters” tracks two siblings following in their father’s footsteps to uncover their family’s connection to the secretive organization known as Monarch.

The Official TV & TV Series Thread - Entertainment - Most Epic Win

1 Like

Looks really good… Saving the popcorn :wink:

Faraway Downs

Hulu | 26 November | Mini Series | 6 Episodes

An aristocrat, Sarah has a cattle ranch in Australia. Following death of her husband, a barons plots to take her land but she joins forces with cattle drover Jackman to protect her ranch.

Faraway Downs is the reimagining of the film Australia told in 6 parts centering on an English aristocrat (Nicole Kidman) and a rough-hewn cattle drover (Hugh Jackman) who join forces to protect the million-acre cattle ranch of her late husband. Watch Faraway Downs on Hulu!

All Aussie, all of the time!

2 Likes

Brawn: The Impossible Formula 1 Story

Hulu | 15 November | Docu-Series | 4 Episodes

The story of how Ross Brawn, in 2009, competing in the most expensive and technologically advanced racing series, made the impossible happen; his understaffed, underfinanced and independent team won the World Championship.

So that’s why Keanu was hanging around the F1 paddock…

4 Likes

Where can we watch this in ZA? Or do I have to venture into the seas?

1 Like

We do get some Hulu programming on Disney+ through the STAR channel, but that app is still ultra kak and there’s no way to search or confirm if this will appear on the service or not.

I’m going with not, and will probably strap on my trusty eye patch, hoist the jolly roger, and sail the seas. I’ll hold off on doing that for a week or two to be sure though.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly.

1 Like

The Santa Clauses

Disney+ | 8 November | Season 2 | 6 Episodes

The Ho, Ho, Holidays are right around the corner, will the North Pole be ready in time?

The Calvin family is back in the North Pole as Scott continues his role as Santa Claus after retirement plans were thwarted when failing to find a worthy successor in season one. Now that Scott and his family have successfully saved Christmas, Scott turns his focus towards training his son Calvin to eventually take over the “family business” as Santa Claus.

Season 2 of The Santa Clauses is available on Disney+ starting, November 8.

1 Like

Shogun

Hulu - FX | February | Mini Series | 10 Episodes

An epic saga of war, passion, and power set in Feudal Japan. Based on James Clavell’s novel, FX’s Shōgun is set in Japan in the year 1600 at the dawn of a century-defining civil war. Lord Yoshii Toranaga is fighting for his life as his enemies on the Council of Regents unite against him, when a mysterious European ship is found marooned in a nearby fishing village.

I know it’s months away still, but… I’ve been hyped for this since it was announced way back in the BC (Before Covid) times!! I remember reading the Clavell novel as a teenager in what feels like a lifetime ago.

1 Like

Also read the book and am also amped for this :wink:

1 Like

TRAILER

STARTS

NOW

I know, dumbass! I clicked the link, didn’t I?

2 Likes

Reacher

Prime Video | 15 December | Season 2 | 8 Episodes

Reacher is pulled from his vagabond life by a coded message informing him that a member of the 110th - his elite group of Army Special Investigators - has been murdered. He and some of his former military cohorts reunite to investigate and soon realize the case is bigger than they ever could have imagined.

“Reacher’s Back” - lol

1 Like

Slow Horses

Apple TV+ | 29 November | Season 3 | 6 Episodes

“Slow Horses” is darkly funny espionage drama that follows a team of British intelligence agents who serve in a dumping ground department of MI5 due to their career-ending mistakes. In season three, a romantic liaison in Istanbul threatens to expose a buried MI5 secret in London. When Jackson Lamb (Academy Award winner Gary Oldman) and his team of misfits are dragged into the fight, they find themselves caught in a conspiracy that threatens the future not just of Slough House but of MI5 itself.

Such a good series. Gary Oldman is superb as Jackson Lamb.

“Reacher’s Front” - lol

2 Likes

How to Be a Bookie

Max | 30 November | Season 1 | 8 Episodes

The world’s second oldest profession. Follows a veteran bookie struggling to survive the impending legalization of sports gambling, increasingly unstable clients, family and co-workers.

Netflix | 22 February | Season 1 | 10 Episodes

Always remember who you are… The four nations of the world once lived in harmony, with the Avatar, master of all four elements, keeping peace between them. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked and wiped out the Air Nomads, the first step taken by the firebenders towards conquering the world.

Avatar: The Last Airbender follows a young Air Nomad named Aang, as he reawakens to a world ravaged by war. Together with his newfound friends Sokka and Katara, he embarks on an action-packed quest to take his rightful place as the next AVATAR.

This new live-action reimagining of the award-winning Nickelodeon animated series comes to Netflix in 2024.

If the results are as good as what they managed with One Piece, this should be worth a watch too.

1 Like

Masters of the Air

Apple TV+ | 26 January | 9-part Miniseries

Based on Donald L. Miller’s book of the same name, and scripted by John Orloff, “Masters of the Air” follows the men of the 100th Bomb Group (the “Bloody Hundredth”) as they conduct perilous bombing raids over Nazi Germany and grapple with the frigid conditions, lack of oxygen, and sheer terror of combat conducted at 25,000 feet in the air. Portraying the psychological and emotional price paid by these young men as they helped destroy the horror of Hitler’s Third Reich, is at the heart of “Masters of the Air.” Some were shot down and captured; some were wounded or killed. And some were lucky enough to make it home. Regardless of individual fate, a toll was exacted on them all.

From Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, and Gary Goetzman - the producers of Band of Brothers and The Pacific. During World War II, airmen risk their lives with the 100th Bomb Group, a brotherhood forged by courage, loss, and triumph.

1 Like