The One Hour Challenge

I’ve had an idea.

Inspired by a post I see monthly on reddit, where the poster talks about The One Hour rule, I thought that perhaps people would be interested in something similar.

This is only the pitch, and if people are interested we can have an official thread for it. But how about we have a One Hour Challenge, in which you play a random game in your backlog that you thought you’d never play. You only play the game for 1 hour, and come back here and tell us about it. You can then state your case as to why you are not going to keep playing the game, or continue to play it. That way more people may be introduced to games they never thought they’d play, or steer clear of games we thought looked interesting.

Perhaps we do this on a weekly basis. Get everyone to try and play only 1 random game for 1 hour each week, and tell us about it. What you say?

9 Likes

Sounds like a good idea to me! We’ve recently tripled our line speed, so downloading games isn’t so much an issue as it was (time wise).

My backlog is so huge I won’t have a problem finding something.

An hour a week… I should be able to manage that, especially once the NHL playoffs are over

3 Likes

Awesome idea!

2 Likes

Great idea! And i need any excuse i can get to start some of the games i own…

2 Likes

Hehe it’s not for me. I go through my backlog one step at a time and normally finish the games that I start.

awesome Idea. Im keen and will start asap

2 Likes

I thought that you would not be part of this challenge, but that’s okay. Maybe you will get some good info about certain games that you can add to your list to play. I think that’s the biggest part of it.

I also like the fact that it’s not that time consuming. Offering one hour in one game per week should be easy to achieve. Plus we get to play and talk about more games!

3 Likes

Count me in as well!

2 Likes

Sweet, and as a bonus it can help generate articles.

1 Like

Now we all have an excuse to play shower with your dad simulator

3 Likes

Wait… There is a simulator? We always played it as a party game at braais O_o

3 Likes

Sure, I’m down for this. I might use something like https://whatshouldisteam.com/ to pick a random game for me to play.

3 Likes

Same here. It’s a cool idea @DieGrootHammer, but not for me either.

Edit. I also like to record as I play, so I take long.

2 Likes

Looks like there are a bunch of interest in this challenge. Okay so why don’t we start next week then?

1 Like

Its a fun game, the achievements are tricky!

Sounds like a great idea. I’m in.