Gimme? I like the look of this

2 Likes

preorder

5 Likes

I dont preorder ever again

2 Likes

A must play for me.

3 Likes

The game look amazing! And I’m a big fan of Obsidian. But yes, I won’t preorder. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For completeness, the Steam Store page is now up:

No more info on release date (other than “2019”) and no price indication yet. And no mention of any pre-order bonuses for those who, despite the assurances, may still be tempted by the promise of a small discount and a handful of cosmetics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you’re gonna go physical you can pre-order from BT. You don’t have to pay anything when pre-ordering from them and you have 7 days to pick up your game once it releases before your pre-order expires. That way you can still decide not to get the game (why would you in this case :p) and you also still get all the goodies if you do take it. I worked at BT for just under 9 years and this was very common. Lots of people would pre-order games and then not pick it up if the game didn’t review well.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’m so glad that there are still studios making proper single player games. I mean the Outer Worlds look amazing.

3 Likes

I honestly can’t wait for this one
But once again it shall go onto the wish list :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah I already told my account sharing buddy this is a must. If I don’t have money he’ll have to buy it for us alone.

The Epic game store 1 year exclusivity has dampened my enthusiam a bit

2 Likes

Its fine you have so many unplayed or unfinish games to keep you busy for that year.

2 Likes

besides, it will probably be 50% off by then

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s a little frustrating that 3 games I’ve been watching since last year all went Epic exclusive after the fact (Satisfactory, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, and this one.)

Although, this article suggests that “PC Gamer has learned that The Outer Worlds will also release on the Microsoft Store”. Not that the MS Store is necessarily a better option than the EGS, but I’ll be much happier using my credit card on it than on Epic. Anything I do possibly decide to buy from Epic will definitely be through PayPal.

Also interesting note in that article about “Quantic Dream’s previous PlayStation-exclusive trio of Detroit: Become Human, Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls are also coming to the PC for the first time, exclusively to Epic Store.”. We spoke about that possibility earlier this year (Quantic Dream is Going Multiplatform) and now it seems our wishes are coming true. Just with the “exclusive to Epic Store” issue.

2 Likes

I would rather use Epic than Microsoft Store. I learnt from the Forza games that Microsoft store can’t even handle pausing a game download.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not the most user friendly and efficient store experience. I’ll still take the downloading issues over “your card has been used to make purchases from alibaba.cn” option though.

Guess I will just have to stay on the neither route then

1 Like

I’ve got no problem using the Epic store. In my opinion it’s a good thing that Steam is getting some big competition.

4 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Why do people hate the Epic Game Store