The Strategy Games of 2018

So apparently this happened at Blizzcon last night…

1 Like

Yeah watched all the videos I could find on it last night already… Hits me right in the nostalgic feels. I never actually finished the WarCraft 3 campaigns, so I’m looking forward to giving this a bash.

1 Like

They are gonna skrew it up, i am not getting my hopes up

Here’s your chance then. I finished both original campaigns; was epic.

Why would you think that?

Honestly, it’s just my gut feeling, but i know of other remakes that were supposed to just upgrade graphics and ended up ruining the game, because they didn’t just stick to upgrading graphics, they change mechanics, they try and modernize the game, that just ruines it. Looking at the other game of my childhood, Fable the anniversary addition was absolutely horrible.

I know blizzard is diffirent, and if they prove me wrong that would be awesome, but again, not getting my hopes up

You may as well know then that Blizzard have confirmed this will be more than a graphical update. They feel that WC3 was never quite on the same level as StarCraft balance wise, and the story also needs some tweaking to fit in with years of new WoW lore. Hence, expect changes, but changes done for good reasons.

That was one of my fears, i love the lore of warcraft3, but again maybe it turns out being good

There’s plenty of WIP footage on YouTube already. To my eyes it looks and plays very much like the original, at least at this stage of development.

Here is a novel idea, if you are doing new graphics ,tweaking mechanics and story why not Oh I don’t know make a new game in the series, I know I know its controversial but you know it might just work.

They may do that at some point, but Blizzard now has a team dedicated to revisiting their older classic titles and “preserving” them for future generations. They’ve already done it with StarCraft Remastered. WarCraft 3 is next in line for the treatment, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

1 Like

Aaaand it’s official.

1 Like

hmm I don’t know how to feel about this

What gives me hope is that they are roping in Petroglyph, which is staffed by ex-Westwood guys. The creators of the original game will hence be working on the remaster. I’d say that’s a good thing.

1 Like

aaaand its happening

Ermm… Could you scroll up about three posts?

2 Likes

fail , and 10 characters

18 posts were split to a new topic: Command & Conquer: Remastered

I need more time in my life to play strategy games.

1 Like

Talking of strategy remasters: S.W.I.N.E has been remastered and is releasing soon: https://swinethegame.com/

1 Like