Afternoon all. Happy Friday all round!
Day three of no fibre connection. It’s really tricky trying to run a business like this. ![]()
Anyway. Let’s see how long the cell phone data lasts….
![]()
![]()
Afternoon all. Happy Friday all round!
Day three of no fibre connection. It’s really tricky trying to run a business like this. ![]()
Anyway. Let’s see how long the cell phone data lasts….
![]()
![]()
If you’re on Vodacom you get some great data deals on the Vodapay app.
Did anyone else used to get sugar sandwiches as a “treat” growing up?
Nope never
My kids grew up with sugar toast, if that counts. Slice of bread, marg and teaspoon of sugar spread out, grilled in the oven = caramel on toast. They loved it.
I made it for myself as a kid.
Never had sugar toast, hadn’t even heard of it until now.
Did used to put sugar on my weet bix when I was young.
Morning everyone.
Yeah, we used to get margarine and sugar on bread as a sarmie. Not sure if it was a treat or some frugal means.
Otherwise margarine on Weetbix or Provita as lunch or for school lunches.
Afternoon all.
Still fibreless. Some of the nearby neighbours have started getting their connections restored, so hopefully our end of the ‘hood will be soon too. ![]()
![]()
![]()
Morning all. Happy Sunday.
![]()
![]()
Good Afternoon Everyone.
‘sup Monday?
Turns out there’s a physical fault on our fibre line
Now we wait for Vumatel…
![]()
![]()
More almal.
I rearranged my at-home workspace and now realising I need a laptop stand, my laptop is lower than my 32" screen which is a bit jarring when transitioning between screens.
Does anyone have recommendations for a laptop stand?
Currently considering this:
Happy New Week!!!
![]()
Good morning MEW.
Had a whatsapp from my boss over the weekend. Our silo had a 200mm outlet his demand is to make it 300mm, easy enough, but then when it comes to budgets he is going to complain lol.
That’s like… 100mm less material, should cost less!
Heyo folks! Been a busy few weeks this side.
Been doing lots of DIY, sorting, cleaning, tossing out trash, etc. I’ve finally put up the first round of wall shelving in my office. My parents have been over and have been incredibly helpful with all the physical work. Always great to have support and extra hands. Bought an awning for the front door, am having a guy come put it up on Saturday. Not because I can’t do it myself - I have all the tools necessary - but because it requires standing on a very tall ladder above some steps, working about 2m up in the air, and I just don’t want to tackle that challenge myself when someone who has done this installation many times is available to take the risk instead of me.
We also did a major cleanup of the garage, stripped out really old impractical shelving, threw away a bakkie load of trash, moved some stuff to hubby’s garage, and then had a trusted labourer come in to help me & my mom with scrubbing down all the walls with sugar soap and rinsing them off in preparation for painting the walls next weekend. Also got new shelving to put up after the painting is done. Same guy doing the painting is going to do the awning between layers of paint.
Also bought polycarbonate IBR for putting up a little roof in the courtyard by the front door. The awning is for the outer door which leads into the courtyard. It sucks having to unlock and lock a door in the rain on both sides of the door, then unlocking the security gate of the front door in the rain. And the wet tiles can be slippery too.
So our guy is going to prime the garage walls (he has a spray gun, thankfully, because it is half concrete, half face brick), then we will get the metal framing for the courtyard and do the roof there, then first paint layer, then outside awning, then second layer of painting, and then hopefully the next day I can put up the shelving. The brackets are already there, we paint around them, so putting the actual shelves onto the brackets is easy.
So it has been busy and physically exhausting. I am so tired, but happy with all the progress.
Morning all. Between Kelloggs and Vumatel, I’ve got all the fibre I need this morning!
![]()
![]()
But did you get it all?
Not often I brag, but I would like to say how amazing my wife is! She has stuck with me for 19 years as of today! But she is totally free to claim it is like 22 year with all the overtime she has put in!
And no matter how many times she ask, the return policy has expired and she is stuck with me!
I have a similar one at work andI love it - very sturdy ![]()
Also hai people of the palace
Congrats @oltman !!!
I can say I survived the 1 year aniversary of my dad’s passing this weekend, we also lost a good family friend to a heart attach whilst he was mountainbiking at age 59 on sunday.
And Ive officially been in a relationship 2 years, now I just need to teach him that perimenopause is a thing and a real thing and I am smack dab in it.
All I can say I take my hat off to all you guys who are living with us females who hits this stage in life. I can barely cope with myself I dont know how you guys do it.