The Topic of Life, The Universe, and Everything

Smaaaaaaaaart. This is my go to safety moment - we have stringent rules about working at heights at every client’s site. Anything above 1.5 m is high and risky. Go watch failarmy if you don’t think that’s high enough to get hurt.

I asked an emergency room doctor I know well what the work in and around his home is that he happily contracts out, knowing what he know. “If you can pay someone to get up a ladder so that you don’t have to get up a ladder, pay that person.”

3 Likes

Morning all. Do the Humpday things!

:smiley: :wave:

2 Likes

So much corporate politics, it makes me sick. I think I need to start seeing a psychologist again.

2 Likes

I know the feeling

Also hi all

3 Likes

I have been so blessed and lucky, been working in corporate for 25 years since leaving teaching, always had an amazing team of people and management to work with. No politics, ever.

5 Likes

Morning all. Beautiful sunshiny blue sky in Joziburg this morning :sunrise:. How’s things by you?

:grinning::wave:t2:

4 Likes

Has been a little cloudy and windy this morning in Northern Suburbs of Cape Town. But honestly, I prefer it above the dreadful heat. Feb is around the corner, traditionally the hottest month around here, so I’m enjoying the respite while I can. It helps when I need to take the dog out for our thrice-daily walks…

4 Likes

I have never had corporate politics, just working with family had a whole different set of politics :smiley:

Also happy Mjolnir Carrier’s Day!

4 Likes

Morning all

Always had politics, but i have learnt to deal with it for the most part.

Im having an up and down week, and starting to wonder about a lot of things that i have in my life and it is healthy or just comfortable and a fear of being alone - I kind of want the alone more and more

3 Likes

And then my asshat coworker walks in - I was hoping he wont be here

1 Like

Good Afternoon Everyone.

2 Likes

Get one of these coasters and make sure the only time it’s visible is when you lift your mug up every time asshat walks in.

3 Likes

Ooh La La Love GIF by Pit Viper

5 Likes

My bliksem Hammer. I was just wondering about you yesterday! Drove past Fleisherei yesterday and remembered that @FarligOpptreden convinced us to visit the same play twice.

3 Likes

Morning all! Happy Friday - kick the week to the curb, weekend’s coming!

:grinning::wave:t2:

2 Likes

Magtig! It’s Hammer Time!

mc hammer rap GIF

Hope you and the missus and the mini hammer are all good.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking of several members recently. Some people that came to mind (@DieGrootHammer included) include @Solitude, @wenzdayz, @Donisia, @Aeightsh / @Purpleightsh, @PsychoFish, @Saint_Dee, among others.

6 Likes

Hey, lots been happening, had some health stuff, some mental stuff, some work stuff and now in the process of buying my first home with my boyfriend😂 so life is definitely lifing. I occasionally pop in and read this and the previous thread to keep up to date on how everyone is doing but usually dont post anymore, trying my best to stay off socials👀

6 Likes

I’m still alive

5 Likes

Great Scott! Glad to see the oldies popping by quickly! Glad you’re all doing fine.

3 Likes