The VR Thread

I generally go with KIWI design. Their products are good enough and don’t break the bank.

It doesn’t have padding, and is just a wrap for the normal default padding. So if it’s dirty, just gooi it in the wash. It’s not premium by any means, but it’s a cover, that you probably want multiple of, so that you can clean them without down time.

Also not a fan of that leatherette stuff in summer, because they become one with my face. :see_no_evil:

I see they’re out of stock, but here’s what looks almost identical

3 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation! Will check it out

Finally got around to buying some myopic lenses. O M G. Game changer, and it clips on magnetically. :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Thing is, I’d need a custom prescription for that. I have astigmatism, which is much worse in my right eye. I have no idea what my current prescription is, but I’m not convinced that these options would work for me. Regardless, their “customized” option doesn’t deliver to ZA. So, I suspect I’ll be stuck squashing my glasses into the headset.

2 Likes

I recently got newer specs. Actually asked a chap at Mullers, what to get. My eyes aren’t equal, I believe I’m 2.75 vs 3.25. And the lenses only come in increments of 1, so -1.0, -2.0, -3.0, -4.0. I settled on -3.0, and it’s still clear. Obviously, your mileage may vary. And if you needed more specific lenses per eye, then there are other VR lenses, I think.

Anyhoo, I risked it being rubbish or wrong, and it turned out to be perfect.

3 Likes

Just dropping in so say that in my hunt for quality VR games, over the past few months I’ve enjoyed playing Ancient Dungeon and HL2 VR mod.

This is a voxel-based, randomly generated dungeon crawler. you start off with a sword and throwing knife. Proceed through 5 distinct areas while collecting powerups that can sometimes completely change up the combat. There’s a lot of variety and replayability as you’d expect in a rogue-like. Final boss can go fly a kite though.

Free if you own the base game (which you should… obviously)
It’s the whole game, as is, in VR, what more could you ask for.
One major issue I have is that the source engine “loading new area lag” is a thing, and a bit jarring in VR.

4 Likes

Would you mind sharing more of the VR games you’d recommend?

I haven’t played much on my quest 2 in a while and would like to get some more game time on it.

1 Like

Off the top of my head

• Walkabout Minigolf
  • HL:Alyx
  • Contractors
  • Into the Radius
  • Compound
  • Cook-out
  • Cooking Simulator
  • The Thrill of the Fight
3 Likes

Thanks will check them out!