“This is not the greatest topic in the world… this is just a tribute”

Good morning you big beautiful fuckers :mechanical_arm:

So I made an expensive mistake. Brought CODCW thinking it’s going to pull through on Rubles and it went through as euro. So 1.2k later and I’m fucked. At least now I got a game that I can play from day 1 but now I’m fucked this month and it hasn’t even started yet.

Needless to say Anneli was not very impressed with me and has put me on a game buying hold until further notice. Luckily I’m still getting Cyberpunk so that’s good. But now the massive saving for a better gpu and cpu starts a month later then when it had to.

So in the end I’m just really dumb hopefully you all had and awesome weekend and @wenzdayz just message me when you up and running ill join and we can chill same with you @oltman :mechanical_arm:

7 Likes

Eish dude. Ya, you need to watch your currencies.

5 Likes

Eina! Be grateful you didn’t try getting clever with the Ultimate Edition - that would have been almost R1800, and Anneli would have been kicking you out the house! :smiley:

4 Likes

I was about to say that this is a terrible translation on Google’s part.

This is phonetically correct.

The romaji spelling for the generally accepted Japanese morning greeting is: “Ohayō gozaimasu”.

オハヨウ ゴザイマス
おはよう ございます

You might get away with just “ohayō” if you are greeting someone with whom you are friendly, you are in a small town where you know everyone, or if you’re in an anime.

/weeb

3 Likes

Luckily it was the standard edition but still I’m fucked

2 Likes

Remnant: From the Ashes is the official pick for GameClub 16. The carnage begins at midnight!

2 Likes

No idea about the Japanese script, but the phonetic translation was so obviously bad I had to leave it :smiley: Strangely, it seems like my including Monday in my greeting is what threw it for a loop…

Run “Good morning” through Google translate and you get “おはようございます” / “Ohayōgozaimasu” (One word, but still a lot more accurate).

Translate “Good Monday morning” and you get “グッドマンデーモーニング” / “Guddomandēmōningu”.

Meanwhile, Monday by itself is “Getsuyō”.

Weird. But funny. Guddo mandē aftēnōōnu.

1 Like

I still think you made a booboo. Did you set your VPN to Russia? Cause if it wasn’t on Russia that’s why it charged you R1,2k.

2 Likes

Was set to Russia. Tripple checked everything and got bit in the ass

3 Likes

Anyone know where I can find a decently priced XBOX One controller (the new bluetooth one with 3.5mm audio jack)? Prices seem quite high online… R1300+ for a controller?! I’d rather drop that amount of money on a Logitech / Saitek throttle to pair with my Thrustmaster Warthog flight stick.

2 Likes

R1300 is actually on the better side of the pricing these days

2 Likes

If you are lucky you can get one under R1000 on sale. You could also try some other brands. I have a PDP wired controller that works really well and they go for about R600.

2 Likes

Sugeng enjang!
:information_source:

3 Likes

Makro bad a sale recently, dropping the price to R1200. How is the build quality of the PDP? And the rumble? And does it get recognised like the normal controller without fiddling or extra drivers?

2 Likes

How do 10 “units” (whatever they are) fail in 7 different places all within 48 hours? Seriously?? Just how feckin’ incompetent and shit are you at your job to let something like that happen? In any normal society everyone involved from top to bottom would have been fired (and those at the top charged) by now. But nah, here we just keep voting the same bunch of corrupt, useless, cadre deployees back into power again and again, and keep blaming van Riebeck and apartheid for our fuck-ups.

4 Likes

I stopped being a patriot in 1987 when I went to varsity and joined activist groups where I found out what was really happening to most people in our country and got hosed down by water cannons.

I continued not being a patriot after 1994 when I saw what happened to cabinet appointments of people who had zero experience in the departments they were supposed to run.

Continued once again 10 years later when the same deployment procedures were followed when there were plenty qualified people (of the previously disadvantaged colour) to fill the posts. I encouraged my kids, from the age where they could understand, to leave this shithole country and still do.

Am I being a coward for not trying to change things? If you call justified (for once) cynicism cowardice, then yes, I am a coward.
I am stuck here and will probably live out my retirement in a shack somewhere, praying my kids will fly me to wherever they are living as a domestic worker since all my RAs will be worth nothing in 20 years.

Fuck this country.

5 Likes

So exactly this. Make space in your leaky row boat for me - I’ll help with bailing water and rowing. need to struggle through and stay afloat long enough to get my daughter out and then hope the missus and I will still be around and able to latch onto her coattails eventually.

3 Likes

Sjo guys… some bleak views here this morning. I know I’m lucky and blessed enough to jump ship as soon as I want to, but somehow we keep sticking around.

5 Likes

Morning people of the palace

Its gonna sound horrible, but I am relieved to know I am not the only one who is petrified of the future.

4 Likes

South Africa has such a low work ethic in the public sector. Many people in South Africa have this thing of its not my job or will want someone else to do the work while they do nothing but make shit loads of money. And the sad truth is only the few in top government are really making the big bucks and will do anything to keep it.

No foresight was done and advice was not listened to (Im assuming it something to do with why should we listen to you when you worked while apartheid was happening, and they fired them) with no planning it became a reactive method and not a proactive method. With that being said one cant be proactive if you have no experience to know what might happen. Only stupid thing is we are being held hostage to a group of people who see it better to look after them-self and the people around them and not the people that have “Voted” for them.

I was at a power station before for work and it was pathetic. The HSE needed to get onto site to work was insane. We had to be on site at 6am to only get to doing work at 10am-11am only being able to do 5 hours of work. The health and safety officers made it so hard to do anything, having the rules this hectic nothing can be done on time. I flat out Refused to pay anyone on site to get work done, also one of the reasons they made it so hard for anything to happen, even when it was reported nothing happened to the people in charge.

I really hope for many of my family and Friends that South Africa sorts its issues out. But it would take alot to fix the fail in the Government

4 Likes