“This is not the greatest topic in the world… this is just a tribute”

Yeah, good luck.

2 Likes

Today my little network connection keeps flashing on and off, I am tired of it

1 Like

Phone ahead at the pharmacy to see if they have stock of the flu shot.

the husband went to 3 different pharmacies by our house and was told they dont have stock as government bought up all the flu shots in order to give them to the poor. The only way the hubby can get a flu shot now is to go in to work but then he will get pulled over cause sandton is like police/army central

2 Likes

Yea mine asked me to phone ahead next week to make sure they have stock, normally I can book via the clicks app but that seems to be broken (or my internet still hates me)

1 Like

I’ve never actually had a flu shot. Don’t think I’ll start now either.

2 Likes

Ive gotten them regularly for a long time, then took a break, during that time off I had caught really nasty bugs. So I prefer to build the minor immunity and have a light flu

2 Likes

I was the same - hadn’t had one since my mom made get one in my teens. That changed this year though. I, and the whole family, got one the day lockdown started.

Two main reasons, both from this article from Discovery Health:

”By protecting yourself against one contagious infection – the flu – you should be able to reduce your level of risk somewhat against the other,” says Dr Nematswerani. “The vaccination won’t prevent COVID-19 infection, but it can help to ensure that your immune system is in a better state.”

Also, getting the flu vaccine helps to ensure that healthcare professionals can better respond to treating COVID-19 infections because there would be fewer people that would need to be treated for flu during the upcoming months.

My wife is diabetic, my mother-in-law has a chemotherapy affected immune system. I want to do anything I can do to reduce any infections in the house.

2 Likes

Mother-in-law-staying-with-you high five! ^5

3 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Does anyone here use any video conferencing application for work that’s not Zoom? Every week when our boss wants to have a meeting he insists on using Zoom when we actually have MS Teams available to use.

The funny thing is we use Teams everyday for our Dev meetings :rofl:

2 Likes

We use teams. Except I keep having to do everything since I’m the only one with the desktop client.

2 Likes

The person who gave your husband this information may have been misinformed. Government has said that it is intending to prioritise flu shots to front-line healthcare workers.

Then again, it could just be a case of one hand not knowing what the other is doing. One branch of government procures flu shots for healthcare workers, the other for vulnerable groups who can’t afford them…

2 Likes

Morning

4 Likes

Mornin’ all

3 Likes

Classic government.

Morning everyone.

5 Likes

Morning all
The realisation of not going to work today actually hit me harder than I figured. I am starting to miss my work. Even if I am bored senseless at work it is a different environment!

6 Likes

I had a dream that i was at work teaching a disaster class :rofl: or maybe it was a nightmare?

3 Likes

greetingszzzzzzzz

4 Likes

The cabin fever is real today. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Yea we have decided its time to go food shopping for the week