“This is not the greatest topic in the world… this is just a tribute”

Sorry to hear that @Solitude. Hope she powers through recovery. I don’t smoke and haven’t had a drop of alcohol in 16 years now. Luckily I don’t have an addictive personality either, but I’m wondering whether gaming is really an addiction as well?

Reason I’m asking, is I can honestly feel what would be akin to withdrawal symptoms if I go too long without gaming. Usually around 5 days is my limit, after which I need a “fix” again, even if it’s only a couple of minutes. These bouts of gaming are usually not satisfactory and I end up feeling a sense of remorse in wasting the time I could’ve spent more productively. However, when I plan on gaming for a prolonged session of 2 hours or so, I fully enjoy the experience and feel fulfilled afterwards.

4 Likes

I fully understand what you are saying @FarligOpptreden. For me the only addiction I have is escaping. If I cannot escape in some form then I get antsy. I guess this is addiction too. If I cannot play, I read, if I cannot read then I write, if I cannot write then I go nuts.

4 Likes

Good afternoon folks. I have two articles in the pipeline regarding the senselessness of the prohibition regulations in effect in South Africa right now. Let me go back to writing!

3 Likes

Tin foil hat on

7 Likes

rofl it could be true

3 Likes

No joke. I have a tinfoil hat in my car.

I can just never build up the guts to wear it into the grocery store, even if only to satisfy my own twisted sense of humour…

(We all know it’s actually aluminum foil and doesn’t actually work anyways /s)

2 Likes

IT DOESNT WORK !!?? wait what

3 Likes

Should be fine to wear it now though with the extra requirement of always wearing a mask in store. The effect will be :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Um, that’s not a new requirement though… I haven’t had the hat in my car that long…

I wanna get a face shield and a new elastic for my chemical filter mask going. I missed my chance during level 5 really…

2 Likes

What’s that on the horizon?

1 Like

The sun rising?

3 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Good morning everyone

4 Likes

Morning people of the palace

I am slow to wake up today

4 Likes

Morning peoples. Had a nice quiet morning and then I published a new version of one of our products and boom now it’s been crazy busy.

5 Likes

a tad related, but I’ve been looking at our techincal and UX debt and boom… I feel like giving up with the amount that has become compounded.

In other news, is it just me or has YouTube videos always showed the progress bar as being segmented when time stamps have been marked?

2 Likes

Have also only recently notice it doing this. Not sure if it will be applied to all videos, or only new ones.

2 Likes

yeah, haven’t come across many, in fact only noticed it when watching the video. Not sure if there’s a correlation between the segments and time stamps I just assumed it was.

2 Likes

There definitely is. I realised that I noticed on the video you shared yesterday. And the caption when you hover over the segement in the timeline matches the text in the description alongside the timestamps.

Also answers my question…

That video is from 2018, so either it’s being rolled out and will eventually be on all videos, or it’s selected videos only at this point?

2 Likes

I’ve listened to that video many times and it was never there before.

3 Likes