“This is not the greatest topic in the world… this is just a tribute”

Phew!

At least you know that if you ever disappear without warning, we’ll have people looking for you so fast…

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Good afternoon everyone

3 Likes

I have been in the same place, working from home for (sort of) the same company for 20 years. I have toughed it out through 2 buyouts and now one corporate merger. Despite all my anxiety with becoming a corporate drone, I have managed to hold on to my work values.

My secret is that I get bored and after 3 years I change what I do in the company as the company changes, gets bought out and is incorporated. I have been insanely lucky to be able to do this and I hope I can continue doing this to forced retirement and beyond to freelance.

3 Likes

Mornin’

Almost the weekend :smiley:

3 Likes

Morning people of the palace, can I go sleep again please?

3 Likes

No!!

5 Likes

Morning

3 Likes

Can I?

3 Likes

Also no!!

5 Likes

Simone!!! The gif stops before her hair gets caught though…

3 Likes

G’morning y’all.

4 Likes

Good morning peoples.

I had to deal with an overseas company’s support this morning. They fixed my problem and replied to my ticket in under a minute. I’m very impressed!

4 Likes

In case you don’t know the reference
https://youtu.be/Vyw6n1EKlww

6 Likes

Seems pretty kak

4 Likes

Hi ho hi ho off to the shops I go. Want to get it done before the rain comes

3 Likes

My wife has just been told, by the school, that she must take the mention that we are waiting for the covid test results for my daughter off her whatsapp status. It is causing “huge” anxiety among the parents.

/sigh

3 Likes

Others would likely be upset if you had said nothing at all, especially if results come back positive.

2 Likes

It’s like Trump saying they must do less testing so that there aren’t so many cases.

Good luck over there!

2 Likes

That’s why contact tracing apps are so important. I’m personally glad there’s a push for it globally, even with Android and iOS having the features built in with the latest updates. Now we just need proper apps to leverage the unique code sharing features.

3 Likes

So much this. As a friend of mine like to say… there is a universal constant: “Jy kan nie wen nie” [You can’t win].

2 Likes