“This is not the greatest topic in the world… this is just a tribute”

I always wondered why my mom kept using her favourite saying when I was a kid with a single parent and times were tough, which they usually were.

I understand now: “Kyk noord en F& voort”

5 Likes

Good morning you big beautiful fuckers :mechanical_arm:

Happy Spring or to some Happy allergies

6 Likes

@FarligOpptreden

Do you specifically want an Xbone controller? Cause I’ve got a PDP controller that works just the same as an Xbone only thing is it’s wired and not wireless.

3 Likes

(not so) Happy load shedding!

4 Likes

That’s why I asked about the quality of the PDP controller. Is the build decent and is the rumble accurate?

4 Likes

I think their maintenance strategy may be run to failure also known as no scheduled maintenance.

4 Likes

I’m afraid that health and safety people everywhere are nuts.

5 Likes

More than most they suffer from “cover your ass” syndrome, with good reason I suppose.

“I followed the regulations to the book, officer. I have no idea why that man is dead on the ground.”

5 Likes

Yeah, sorry to have come in all grumpy and irritable this morning. Didn’t mean to spread a pall of gloom on everyone else’s Spring Day. (But having quit smoking and being on my lockdown lard must fall diet and trying to reduce my caffeine intake, I’m seriously starting to understand the appeal of day drinking!)

I have taken some deep breaths, gulped down a protein shake, and commit to spreading my normal cheer for the rest of the day. Huzzah!

5 Likes

Its 5°C here, raining. Not exactly much like a spring day :wink:

4 Likes

Wanted to download the latest load shedding PDF for my area.

Good job as always, Eskom

3 Likes

I can second this- they are giving us migraines.

2 Likes

Epilepsy warning on the post please

:rofl:

4 Likes

We are all just human met nukke en grille. The nice thing is this is the one place where there is no judgement.

2 Likes

Phew it’s been a frustrating week. I hope all of you have better weeks so far.

3 Likes

I know for a fact that it’s not run to failure (maintenance is my industry), but the scheduled maintenance was taking a knock during lockdown due to resources availability as well as cashflow. Hopefully they’ll soon sort out their maintenance strategies to be more suitable.

2 Likes

I was being (slightly) facetious.

3 Likes

On some level I realized that, but I had to pipe up, being as pedantic as only an engineer can be :smiley:

4 Likes

So I buckled and got the Cyberpunk 2077 XBOX One controller that is on sale today at Takealot. I really liked the design of it, but close to 2 grand was a bit much. Since they dropped the price to R150 more than their standard controller, I couldn’t resist anymore. Plus they have stock in CPT and I’ll hopefully get it tomorrow! So there’s my wedding anniversary gift sorted!

8 Likes

Ah dude sorry didn’t see but yeah I’m using one and it’s awesome man feels just like the real deal. Have mine now for 2 years I think and it’s awesome

2 Likes