Titan Quest II

About

Nemesis, Goddess of Retribution, is out of control. She is corrupting the Threads of Fate and condemning all those who oppose her to eternal punishment. Take up your weapon, fight alongside gods, and change fate itself in Titan Quest II, an action RPG inspired by Greek mythology.

Return to the classic mythology-inspired setting of Titan Quest in this upcoming action RPG from the creators of SpellForce 3. Featuring a flexible character system, meaningful loot, challenging combat, and online multiplayer in a handcrafted and immersive world, Titan Quest II is an epic action RPG for a new generation – coming to PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S.

Media

Screenshots

Links

Official Site

7 Likes

I had a good time with the first game. I hope they keep things traditional with this one. Not keen on doing seasonal events and stuff.

1 Like

Same I will keep an eye on it, maybe it scratches the itch I have, D4 just didn’t work

1 Like

I’m a little wary of this one. Aren’t the same people that did original titan quest the ones that went on to do Grim Dawn? Which is a really fun titan-quest type game with the same item/component mechanics…
So this might be a sequel in name only…gonna def have to read up some more about it!

3 Likes

Yeah, a few of the former Iron Lore devs went on to found Crate Entertainment and make Grim Dawn using the Titan Quest engine. That IMO is the true spiritual successor to Titan Quest.

While I am thankful for the work THQ Nordic has done on breathing new life into TQ by releasing new patches and bug fixes for the game I can’t say it has gripped me as much as GD did. The combat just doesn’t feel as visceral and impactful as GD does. Also their attempts at releasing new expansions hasn’t been met with the same kind of praise that the expansions for GD has.

THQ Nordic also outsource their work; for maintaining TQ they outsourced it to Pieces Interactive and TQ2 will be no different as it’s being outsourced to Grimlore Games of SpellForce 3 (infamy?) fame. My opinion of whom has already been tainted, not because of SF3, but because the senior narrative designer, Rebecca Harwick, recently jumped on the BG3 anomaly bandwagon.

I don’t agree with her opinion. I don’t expect every RPG to be the next BG3. GD was made by a small ±10 person team and that is all I expect from anyone else; passion and to make the best damn game you possibly can.

3 Likes

TQ:IT and later TQ:AE, is in my top 5 all time ARPG’s. Love the mythology. Loved the skill breakdown. Fantastic game. Tons of fun, with co-op. I do hope that they improve the engine though. Iron Lore dev’s improved the engine, and subtle jank, that the original engine had, when they released Grim Dawn. It is painful, playing TQ after having experienced the smoother and more responsive engine of Grim Dawn.

They pretty badly ruined the overarching balance of the items, when THQ Nordic took over the stewardship of TQ. The new DLC’s brought in new ideas and items, that made old ideas and items obsolete. Improvements are good. Changes where you make whole sections and types of gear, useless. That is maybe not so great. So, hopefully, having to start over, hopefully they can stick to the overall gear design philosophy.

I will say one fantastic thing they did was, fix so many max limit bugs on tons of skills, damage types, resistances, and effective gear. There were many bugged things around limits. Where you can max out attack speed cos of homadas (however you spell that), or break the game cos of life reduction with flat value, with MI’s, or with Ternion point blank. The sheer volume of broken builds took a dive, which is good, I think.

Anyhoo, here’s to somewhat smaller fry ARPG potentially shaking up the landscape.

4 Likes

Titan Quest II - Soundtrack Behind the Scenes

With this post we want to give you an insight into the creation of the official soundtrack for Titan Quest II by taking the cinematic trailer music as an example.
Please enjoy this audiovisual piece:

The celebrated Greek soprano Aphrodite Patoulidou (https://www.instagram.com/aphrodite_patoulidou) is performing the vocals as well as providing the ancient Greek lyrics by drawing influences from her Greek heritage and working closely together with our inhouse audio director, composer and multi-instrumentalist Bastian Kieslinger https://soundcloud.com/bkeyslinger. Together we are taking you with us on a musical journey through our picturesque ancient Greek world.

The soundtrack of Titan Quest II combines ancient, as well as modern traditional Greek musical influences with orchestral soundtrack elements to create an authentic atmosphere while still using unique elements that provide some room for imagination and mythological fantasy.
As the three Moirai, goddesses of fate play a major role not only in the cinematic, but also in the story of Titan Quest II, we focused on creating a memorable and personal musical theme for them. Aphrodite is approaching the colour of the three Moirai’s different voices assimilating their age, in the singing tradition of Epirus. The ancient Greek lyrics derived from Pindar and Heraclitus can be translated as “One cannot escape one’s fate” (Pindar) and “Everything is predetermined by fate” (Heraclitus) and show the differences between the Moirai and Nemesis towards fate / free will, as well as the fatalistic nature of the Moirai.

Bastian plays several uncommon instruments that you can also see in the video. An ancient Greek Lyre, a Pandura, a Bendir Drum, a Bouzouki and a Cretan Lyra. If you look and listen closely you can also spot Bastian’s Bass-Talharpa that supports the unique sound for Nemesis, the Goddess of divine retribution, together with Aphrodite’s intense guttural screams that are translated as “Man’s character determines his life, it is his destiny, his god” (Heraclitus) and, contrary to the Morai’s lyrics, highlight the rebellion spirit that everybody is responsible for their own fate.

Are you ready to choose your own fate in Titan Quest II? From now on we will deliver monthly updates or sneak peeks into what we got cooking. Merry Christmas everyone!

Source

5 Likes