Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 Remastered

We gonna grind rails like it’s 1999!

Vicarious Visions are remastering the first two Pro Skater titles for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2. The remastered game is due to be released on 4 September, and will be published by Activision.

All the levels and all the skaters from the original games are kept in the remaster, and improvements to the skater and park creation tools have been added to allow these to be shared online in multiplayer modes. Due to music licensing, some of the tracks from the original games will not be available in the remastered version.

The game can be pre-ordered already. Pre-ordering a digital version will get you access to a pre-release demo level from the game.

PC (Epic Exclusive):

Standard @ $34.78 (~R582) / Deluxe @ $43.47 (~R726)

Xbox:

Standard @ R699 / Deluxe @ R849

PlayStation:

Standard @ R709 / Deluxe @ R859

3 Likes

THPS2! Man, I played that game to death. I had Lagwagon’s May 16 on repeat during the game!

3 Likes

I remember my hand aching from pressing the WASD keys so much to do aerial spins to get the high scores on THPS2. Awesome game that even the non-skateboarding fans have all played.

Since it’s releasing on the Microsoft Store, the chances are good that it will come to the GamePass!

3 Likes

Complete playlist of the remake, some original tracks and some new ones.

1 Like

Ah man I’m so excited! Loved THPS2 - 1 was a bit clunky, but the remaster will sort this out.

Realistically I wont get it. My queue is just to long right now

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen and heard the remaster sorts out a lot and they’ve purposefully left in some of the jank that the handling has which adds to the nostalgia. Not to mention how they’ve kept a lot of the original cast but “aged” them respectively, so they look like their real world counterparts of today, 20 years later.

I am looking forward to this, but costs and backlog aside, I might get it when on special.

2 Likes

Updated the OP (eventually) with the PlayStation prices and links and edited the Epic ZAR prices after slightly better exchange rate since making the original post.

Also, here’s a couple of short (and one longer) gameplay info and demo videos:

2 Likes

This and Dave Mirra BMX (and a little bit of pro boarders the snowboarding one -nofx) is quite literally the reason I listen to punk music…it was my gateway drug into “this is better than whats on radio…”

2 Likes

Tune in on my Twitch channel this weekend to see me play the remasters on PS4!

3 Likes

Aweh… Why not YouTube.

1 Like

You know what, just for you I will do it one YouTube!!! :smiley: When will suit you most?

1 Like

hahaha… damn text based communication. I cannot tell if sarcasm or serious.

I just personally have issue with Twitch for some reason, maybe ISP or otherwise, but it just buffers like ALL the time.

Same for me. i’m SO happy when csgo games have a youtube stream as well. i can get 720p60 (and 1080p60 occasionally) without a sweat on youtube. twitch jumps between 480 and 360 at best.

1 Like

Ripper of a review from IGN.
9/10 - Amazing

2 Likes