Torchlight III — Fame, Fortune, or the Future of the Frontier

I see the full release is coming 13 Oct, anyone played a bit more of it? any more thoughts?

2 Likes

I played it about 2 iterations ago. I did not go very far into it, just because of all the whipes. I am looking forward to playing the finally released game though, so pretty excited for the week before the 13th (6th) to start playing again, knowing my progress will not get whiped.

2 Likes

I just bought the game incase they also do the price increase thing - Will give it a try closer to release

1 Like

Which they did, so good call

1 Like

I paid the R225 - For me that isnt to bad - and its Torchlight even if it sucks I am a sucker and will support them

1 Like

I also haven’t played since the initial public beta / early access.

However, there are probably two major things that are still a concern as it was part of the core of the game:

1. Torchlight III’s interface looks like a mobile game. For an ARPG die-hard it is immediately off-putting and is a bad omen of what kind of game to expect.
  2. Character customisation was pretty shallow compared to the many other ARPGs currently in development.
3 Likes

Tuesday 6th of October at 19:00. I will wait until the next day to get on, wait for it to calm down a bit.

3 Likes

We started this last night just to check it out. I don’t get the hate, I am enjoying this so much already!

2 Likes

It is a lot of fun. I think most of the hate comes from the look and the simplicity compared to TL2. Will have to see how it plays out.

I sure enjoyed what I did play. I was trying to make a pet based class and it is possible.

I need to decide if I am going to play an online or offline game. I am leaning towards online since it will not be very long until someone works out a third party trading system. That always cuts down the grind for specific items a lot.

There is no definite word on modding but I am hoping that they allow it the full modding treatment that TL had.

2 Likes

I think a few things do need clarification - I had to google how to put items in pets inventory, I still need to google builds. I love the Dark Mage so far - aka level 6. The look is so pretty dammit - it feels smoother and the multiplayer is so much better than TL2. The only thing thusfar I want fixed is shared quest hand ins and doing - its not all shared at all.

1 Like

Played a bit. They have toned down the difficulty a bit, it is pretty easy now. Not sure if I am just imagining things but the graphics are a little sharper.

Playing a railmaster, wow but this is a NOISY class. Different though.

Finally planning the decorations on my fort, didn’t bother before since it would have been whiped.

3 Likes

I have a question with regards to the fort - can I sell the crap I dont want? Or break it down to its building blocks.

We started again last night as well, got to level 6 - playing on hard because normal is waaaaaay to easy, hard is better, we just wanted to check it before maybe going higher leveled.

I agree on the graphics - they are def sharper. I also scored a pet from the one boss and now the mess of Wyv collecting all pets starts all over again - as long as I do not get to the mode of WoW where I sat up watching the auction house.

1 Like

No idea about the fort, also going to change to hard. Normal is way too easy.

2 Likes

We found normal very easy on monday hence the change to hard.

1 Like

Respeccing your choices is rough though, those respec scrolls do not drop often, only got 1 so far.

2 Likes

Yea I have found one so far - Im still deciding tho between the sharp shooter and the dusk mage

1 Like

Getting a dusk mage to 10 along with my railmaster. I am hard pressed to choose between them. I might also get a pet based archer to 10 and then choose.

Or I wont choose at all and just play them side by side ;-P. I don’t want to get to end game anytime soon.

They play so different! I have no interest in playing The forged though.

2 Likes

Gave up on the duskmage, the class is SO weak, I spent 5 minutes fighting one boss while the railmaster and archer took less than half that.

2 Likes

We havent gotten big boss fights yet but so far so good :smiley:

1 Like

Let me know if you have a spot for multiplayer sometime. I want to see how well it plays in a group.

2 Likes