Travel Insurance (AIG vs BRYTE)

I am planning to travel at the end of June and have been looking at insurance options. AIG and BRYE both have similiar sort of optional cover, whereby you get compensated if trip has to be cancelled due to illness or death.

But the AIG price is more than double BRYTE’s. Has anybody had first hand experience with either of them, with regards to claiming ?

Have you considered going through a broker? They usually get preferential rates due to them doing lots of business with the insurers, but ultimately your own risk will be what is underwritten. Being in the insuretech space I’ve learned it’s not always preferential to go at it on your own…

I’ve never had to actually use any. So I don’t know.

try TIC as well (they are underwritten by Santam);
also i see thanks to @FunkyFaery that Travelstart also offers travel insurance and they have very nice options.

I contacted my broker as i was also looking for travel insurance and he pointed out that your medical aid will also offer free travel insurance for medical emergencies etc, so check with your medical aid as well.

2 Likes

I suspect that the medical aid cover will be the same as it is via credit card. They cover incidents which happen during your holiday, but not scenarios where you are forced to cancel trip before departure

2 Likes