Up-and-coming | Beta | Obscure Games

Thought It would be nice to have a thread for games yet to be Released, in Beta, or anything else that has not gotten real coverage that you think looks good.

This was recently released and if you are into point and click seems cool.

https://www.paradigmadventure.com/

This game have been following it since I learned who did the songs for plants vs zombies.

FTL meets LoveCraft.

Abandon Ship is a PC game where you take command of a ship and her crew, exploring a diverse, procedurally generated world, taking on quests and dealing with random events. Frequently, you will end up engaging other ships in combat, the player having to employ their best tactics in order to out-manoeuvre and out-gun the enemy.
The game focuses on “Age of Sail” ships in a Fantasy setting, framed in an Art Style inspired by classic Naval Oil Paintings.

Is there any game that does procedurally generated well?

Minecraft :sunglasses:

That actually looks good

The binding of Isaac. The best game ever made

That was procedural? Okay, that explains how Northernlion was able to make a video everyday about the Binding of Isaac. Bu I never got very far in it very tough.

20XX
Terraria
All the Diablo games
Spelunky

I’m in the beta for Hellbound, it looks and feels pretty promising so far, though it’s just a survival mode for now. Hopefully they add some good levels and a campaign eventually.

interesting. Have you seen the new 3DRealms game? Built on the Duke engine

This looks amazing.

Yeah it looks interesting. I think that’s what they should have done with Bombshell in the first place, rather than that shitty isometric shooter.

Wolcen looks good ARPG players will likely enjoy this:

https://wolcengame.com/home/

4 Likes

Looks a lot like diablo.

1 Like

Yea keeping an eye on it, hopefully I will be able to afford it

Looks promising

its early access at the moment and I see this on steam

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“Yes. As the content gets implemented, the price of the game will increase progressively.”

1 Like

Yea I just dont have R200 for the forseeable future

1 Like