UT2004 Online Sessions

Hey everyone!

Me and several former NAG Forum members have been playing UT2K4 online. It’s sporadic but recently we have got back to it. It’s on Fridays at 20:00.

The server is at:
gaming.iteology.co.za
Go to Join Game > Internet > right click and choose “Open IP”, you probably won’t find the server otherwise.

All are welcome to join :smiley:

9 Likes

You just made me feel all depressive that I no longer have a PC. UT has always been my jam.

1 Like

Ooh tempting, I haven’t played UT in years. I actually think the last time I played, it was just a couple of matches with @DieGrootHammer if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

I LOVED UT back in the day. I was hyped for the “community built” new UT project from Epic and followed it quite closely, but was severely disappointed when they announced they’re dropping the project. Obviously Fortnite got all the love. Any chance UT3 will be getting some action?

3 Likes

Ah yes we had some massively fun matches. I am just as tempted but alas I’ve got load shedding today during that time.

2 Likes

I loved the old UT games. These days I won’t bother though. Will just be cannon fodder.

2 Likes

o man now i need to get me some UT2004 this is a blast from the past. Dam cant find my UT2004 key feels bad man

2 Likes

I’ll have to check my Steam library, I believe I have them all, and I’d be willing to open my Steam account to anyone that may want to join in this but not have the game.

Ahem @z1oc

3 Likes

Enjoy it guys, now a days it would make me throw up

1 Like

Confirmed… so if anyone needs to, please feel free to hit me up.

3 Likes

hmm I am so sure i have this some place I have the Unreal 3 but not 2004 but im sure I have it some place :D. Already bought to many games I dont play so but will keep this on a wish list and play it again some time.

3 Likes

Hey all! Just a reminder that we are still doing this tomorrow (and every week).

There were some server issues (weapons weren’t staying on pickup) but I think we’re fine for now.

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Sorry for the necro. We are trying to get some games going again. The server is still up:
gaming.iteology.co.za

There is also a Discord server now:

If you are interested in playing again, please join. There’s no set day or time yet so any suggestions would be welcome.

3 Likes

I love that you’re still playing this game, hopefully, you can gain some traction. If I had a computer I would definitely be joining in.

Would you like me to share this with external groups as well?

1 Like

I joined the discord, but only to see if I recognise any names. :grin:

1 Like

Would not mind getting it and joining, but ugh, R200 for a game I am not particularly good at and just for a nostalgia trip is a bit much.

I’ll play my part to this intiative in allowing you access to my Steam account?

That locks your whole account, when someone plays, not just that game

ah no, that’s not needed, but thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, the Discord server is fairly new and I’ve been trying to share it amongst the communities I’m in. It started on the request of someone from the UnrealZA Forums. It’s also been a long time since 2004 so nicknames change…

If you could pass the invites along to anyone who might be interested, that would be wonderful.

1 Like