V Rising - A Vampire Survival Experience

I am still plowing my way through my ubisoft+ sub with far cry 5, then ghost recon wildlands, then far cry 6 then ghost recon breakpoint. Will stop my sub when it is up for a bit to play V.

1 Like

How many people is keen? I’ve hosted servers twice now and it ended just Oltman and I…

1 Like

I might just grab this, just got a R80 steam voucher thanks to discovery miles :stuck_out_tongue:

So, some of you want to play as a Vampire but not suck blood? Not sure how well those things align.

Also, is any one or any thing REALLY ever innocent? Just imagine that the big moose skewered some child somewhere and its all good :wink:

@Nosferatie and I have already played quite a bit last night. It is a great mix of Valheim and an action RPG like Diablo. I am yet to encounter an innocent :wink:

2 Likes

Innocent: anyone human not attacking me on sight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

If I had more time then this is what I would have gone for. Looks like good fun.

1 Like

That’s a noble sentiment I can get behind. But I play games specifically to make it easier to apply that sentiment IRL! If I don’t get to kill things in my games my violent demeanour might spill over into my real life! :smiley:

2 Likes

Slight spoiler:

Towards the north there is an area mostly made up of farms and villages, most of the civilians will cower in fear or run away when they see you. Some farmers will you attack you with pitchforks etc.

There are also sometimes civilians being held captive by bandits in cages.

2 Likes

Food storage?

I really do understand and can get behind noble ambitions and sentiments in games, please don’t think I am trying to knock it. I just think playing a Vampire game has certain cliched expectations and I intend to fulfil those. Most games I try to play as the good guy, but not this time.

3 Likes

I fully understand ;-). As I have said before, there is a vampire book series about a vampire called Lestat who only feeds on bad guys. Going to try be him :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Who is he to judge? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Only means more bandits to feed on for me! Not sure if the game will allow me to free the villagers.

1 Like

Oh oh oh! That will be a whole other thread about morality :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I looked at the store page. The game is early access and yet it has DLC!

1 Like

Yeah, there is quite a bit of controversy about that in the discussions on the steam forum for the game. Personally I am happy with it, it is 99% cosmetic anyways, more power to the dev team for splitting up their resources like that to make more money.

1 Like

You can technically, but they’ll be more afraid at the sight of you than being imprisoned :smiley:

1 Like

Good! Maybe they will think twice before lashing out at me and crossing into the bad guy territory.

2 Likes

Looks like the offline patch is out.

EDIT. Doesn’t seem to work for me. The patch notes say to start steam in offline mode and then play the game but when I try to continue or even start a new game its just stuck on a loading screen with no loading happening.

EDIT 2: Or perhaps I didn’t get the patch lol. When I switched back to online mode there was a 700mb update waiting. Downloading now, will test.

3 Likes

Ok yeah, theres a LAN server option now when starting or loading a game.

I’ll probably restart the game with a new character. I explored a bit and started my castle but there is like a stone golem right next to my castle and a high level vampire hunter very close by as well. Might also start with some custom setting to learn the game.

1 Like

You guys need to stop now, you are all tempting me to much, but will have to wait and see :stuck_out_tongue: DOn’t wanna commit to something when I dont really have time.

1 Like