V Rising - A Vampire Survival Experience

Pretty good little game. Like Diablo with crafting. 8 hours into the game and can recommend it. It has both PvP and PvE options. I am thinking about hosting a server.

Server details: “[UK/ZA] Highgate - PvE”
IP:
Password: *******

Play nice. and leave some space between castles.

Residents:
Alucard - TechThief
Evangeline -
Khaylee - Wyvern
Methias - (Friend of Mew)
Mordred - MetalSoup
Nosferatie - Nosferatie
Nyx - Oltman
Romuald - Wlad
Xaverie - Dragonic

4 Likes

Looks like it would be nice to play on console.

1 Like

Was being chatted about over in “What Are You Playing?” earlier today. Will move those posts over here in a bit - may be enough interested others to get a few onto your server…

Also was going to be my article topic for the week… now I’ve go to think of something else :expressionless: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Stop thinking about it and do it!

1 Like

Busy with V Rising. I’m surprised nobody here is talking about it, it’s making quite a buzz on the internet. I’m having a lot of fun so far.

1 Like

I think there is some interest but I also think that the online nature draws people away.

1 Like

Maybe, but I’m not playing online at all, I’m all on my ownsome.

2 Likes

Apparently you can only play while connected to the internet, not necessarily connected to a server. Although I hear a patch is coming soon to make it totally offline if needed.

2 Likes

Oh I have no idea, I’m never not online, so I guess it doesn’t matter to me. It does create your own local server though, it seems very server focused.

Regardless, it’s well worth the R130. The combat is really fun and building your castle is awesome too.

2 Likes

This is one of those tough games for me. I really like the premise, I enjoy crafting/advancement games like Valheim. The only real thing is the sucking the blood of innocent humans. Killing humans who are trying to kill me is something I can do but using them like cattle against their will, I am finding it hard to stomach. I know, its a game but still… If there is a way to play it so that I can get blood from things trying to kill me, I would consider it.

I didn’t play Conan Exiles for the same reason, I REALLY wanted to but my conscience won out.

3 Likes

I can totally understand that. I’ve been trying my best not to hurt unarmed NPC’s in the game, luckily they are fairly easy to avoid, there was just one “boss” so far that’s actually someone that tries to run away from you.

1 Like

So you can avoid harming civvies and still play? I thought the blood drinking mechanic is a big part of it.

2 Likes

Blood drinking is a big part, but you have to weaken someone by about 3/4 before you can drink their blood, so you have to fight them first, and there are enough soldiers and bandits and stuff that I don’t think you’ll ever need to hurt innocents, unless they’re a boss like I mentioned earlier. Don’t know how you feel about innocent animals though :persevere:

2 Likes

Got no problem with eating animals :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The reasons you don’t want to play the game are the reasons I do want to play it and vice versa. Not a big fan of crafting but I’m down for sucking some innocent human blood. :stuck_out_tongue: Animals not so much.

I do want the game, but also want the fully offline mode. However, I will probably buy it payday.

3 Likes

The idea of being able to go all vampire Lestat on the game is appealing. Only going after wrong doers and bad people ;-P. The Vampire Lestat - Wikipedia

3 Likes

2 Likes

I just bought the game. I knew I wouldn’t be able to resist for long with that price.

2 Likes

Also bought it. If it is like valheim in its crafting advancement/gear aquisition then I will like it. Going to work hard to be the good Vamp :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Not going to play it until the offline patch. If that doesn’t happen then will consider refund.

1 Like

I played about an hour just to check it out. Seems pretty awesome. I’m not really a fan of crafting in games but I might be able to get into this game. Will also wait for that patch now. Maybe.

1 Like