Valorant (from Riot Games)

The new FPS hotness is now out for all to play having been released on 2 June. I decided to give it a go having played a good deal of CS:GO and a fair bit of Overwatch I was keen to see what it was like. And I can happily report back that it’s a lot of fun.

Unfortunately we don’t have local servers so the latency sits at about 170ms but it is playable and it’s not too often that you feel at a great disadvantage due to the ping.

The different Agents special abilities are well thought out and really allow you to creatively combine them in different ways and use them to complement your teammates abilities. That being said aim and reflexes still play a big role, time to kill is very short, headshots are lethal and a few connecting bullets will be enough to kill.

The game is also very accessible in that the system requirements are very low and even the most potato PC could run it:

Has anyone else tried it out? What do you think?

4 Likes

My biggest complaint is the 13 round win requirement. It takes too long.

1 Like

It still triggers motionsickness so its a nope for me :slight_smile: BEsides I suck at those kinda games

1 Like

Coming from CS:GO with it’s 16 rounds to win, Valorant’s games feel short to me :smile:

Edit: There is a short-form game mode. First to win 4 rounds, and you equally get random weapons for each round.

4 Likes

I had no idea CS takes that long either. I guess I won’t ever be playing that.

1 Like

its quite fun

1 Like